0.2

My eyes flutter open. I stretch, adjusting to the light, pulling the grey duvet over my head. Grey duvet. I don't have a grey duvet. My heart suddenly races as I realize I am in an unfamiliar room. I look around, trying to decipher where I am. When I can't figure it out, I wrack my brain, trying to remember previous events. When suddenly it all comes to me. Damon staked Elijah, then snapped my neck. I feel my blood boil, as I vamp speed over to the door, only to find it locked. I groan in annoyance, as I speed over to the window, ripping open the curtains.

"Gah!" I scream in pain, crawling away from the direct sunlight. I feel my finger for my daylight ring, but I am surprised to find it missing. I look towards my finger, to confirm it. I then pat down my hoodie pockets. I search the bed as well, and around the room. The ring is missing.

"Looking for something?" Damon appears in the doorway, smirking, as he twirls my ring on his pinkie finger. I vamp speed over to him reaching for it, only to have him grab my wrist, squeezing it tightly. He smirks letting go only when an audible crack is heard. I take my wrist back, sharply, realizing he broke a bone. I breathe out in pain, as I hold my wrist, feeling it heal slowly.

"What do you want, Damon?" I spit, my voice laced with anger. "If you think you can just snap my neck, and take me like this, you are greatly mistaken. You've messed with the wrong family of vampires." I see fear flash in his eyes for a moment, before he covers it up with a glare.

"Just sit tight, okay mini Klaus?" He speaks annoyed, covering up his fear. I grit my teeth, glaring at him. He is about to speak again, when there is a forceful variation of knocks on the door. Damon looks confused, as he speeds down to the door, slipping my ring into his back pocket. I speed down after him, watching from a sunlight-free spot. He opens it to reveal Elijah. Damon's face turns to shock, as he sees a very much alive Elijah. I take that opportunity to sneak my ring out of his pocket, sliding it back onto my finger.

"Hello, Damon," Elijah smiles knowingly, "Suprised to see me?"

"How is this possible?" Damon breathes out, "I staked you. You were dead."

"For centuries now," Elijah says amused, "I wouldn't worry about why I'm here, as much as you should worry about Elena." He says, bored, looking at his ring.

"Don't you dare touch her, Elijah." Anger and worry is present in his voice.

"I won't," Elijah states, "Not yet. I will leave her alone in exchange for my dear sister."

Damon growls in frustration, as he turns around, grabbing my wrist, and shoving me towards my brother. I let out a surprised gasp, as I lose my footing. Elijah catches me, wrapping both of his arms around me. "Good choice," Elijah speaks, the emotion in his voice is unclear, "Your doppelganger will be untouched until I need her."

"What does that mean!?-" Damon is cut off, as my brother speeds away with me in his arms. We arrive to the house he is currently living in, as he shoves me through the door. I attempt to fight back, but he pushes me over to the couch with ease. He looks almost surprised at how weak I am. That's when I spot Nik, standing in the room as well. He is smirking, while Elijah pushes me. Elijah sits down next to me, as Nik sits on a chair across from us. I attempt to stand up, but Elijah pulls me back down. I let out a sigh.

"Long time no see, little sister," Nik smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Let me leave, Nik." I push Elijah's hand off of my arm, "What the hell are you doing here anyways?"

He brushes me off, changing the subject. "Why are you so weak?" He questions, taunting me.

"That's none of your business."

"You are looking much more frail and thin. Would you care for a snack, love?" Nik smirks, speeding out of the room, and reappearing with a bag of blood. My eyes widen, as I feel myself getting thirsty. It's been harder to control my thirst since I've cut it out of my diet completely. "Here, have some." Nik smirks even more as he approaches me.

"No, Nik!" I snap, angerly, "I don't drink human blood anymore." The two of them looked surprised for a moment, before they both start laughing.

"I don't believe that," Nik chuckles, "We used to have to force you to stop drinking so much blood in one sitting."

"I remember of what I used to do, Nik. I stopped because of that. Too many innocent people were hurt by my actions."

Nik's expression softens, while Elijah looks concerned. "Sister, it's not healthy to live purely on animal blood." Elijah's voice sounding like a parent.

"I know, 'Lijah, but I can't keep hurting people."

"We're vampires, Emiliana, it's in our nature." Nik sighs.

"I am well aware of what we are, Nik," I glare at him, "I just don't want to hurt people anymore."

"Very well," Elijah sighs, "Please, stay with us though?" He questions, staring at me.

I let out a sigh. I'm not really mad at Elijah. Just Nik for selfishly scattering the rest of our siblings at sea. "Okay," I cave, "Only if you promise to not be so protective over me. Do remember that I am an original, and I am capable of protecting and looking out for myself."

"I can't promise anything, but I'll try." Elijah laughs, "Although I will be keeping a close eye on you, considering your new diet," he eyes me, "I saw how easy it was for Damon, a young vampire, to overpower you."

I nod, rolling my eyes playfully. I then direct my gaze towards Nik. "I'm doing this for Elijah, not you. Don't think I've forgiven you for what you've done to our family." I spit, turning on my heel, and walking up the stairs to my old room.

"You really hurt her, Nik." I hear Elijah whisper as I walk away.

"I know," he sighs, "She has to forgive me at some point. What I did was necessary." I hear Elijah scoff, as I tune out the rest of the conversation, not wanting to hear any other lame excuses come out of his mouth.

He thinks I'll forgive him. I laugh to myself. The only way I'll forgive him is it he retrieves the rest of our siblings. Watch your back, Nik.

--