0.0

"Hello brother," I grin mischievously, as I stand before my brother, Elijah, who I haven't seen in over a century.

"Emiliana," he breathes out. Shock written all over his face. "I thought Nik had hidden you at sea, along with the others."

"It's just Emilee now, brother." I laugh, slightly, "And that is false. Nik could never stake me. He doesn't have it in him."

He ignores my statement completely, coming out of his shock phase. "Do you have any idea how long I've been trying to find you!?" Anger present in his voice, "How many people I've compelled to look for you!? I thought Nik was merely lying to me all of these years when he claimed he didn't have you."

"Now, 'Lijah," I walk a bit closer to him, leaning on the doorframe about 10 feet away. "Let's not live in the past, darling. You ever think that you couldn't find me for a reason? I didn't want to be found." I then turn on my heel, as I begin to walk out. Running into Elijah was not intentional. I only came here because I could have sworn I saw Katerina Petrova. The girl who my family and I have been trying to chase down for centuries.

My siblings have always been extremely protective over me. Most likely because I am the youngest. I need my freedom, sometimes. Hence why I ran from them many years ago.

He vamp speeds over to me. His face inches away from mine, staring into my eyes with anger, as well as a bit of relief. He then grabs my waist, pinning me to the wall. "You're not going anywhere, now." His grip tightens, "I've been searching for you for far too long to just let you go. I'm sure Nik will agree with me."

I gulp, as a sudden wave of fear consumes me. Elijah can be scary when he wants to be. I find myself unable to speak, as we are thankfully interupted by a feminine voice.

"Elijah."

Elijah whips his head around, still keeping a firm arm around my waist.

"Rosemary," he says slightly ammused. "So what is it that gave you the courage to call me?"

"I wanted my freedom," she whispers, "I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?"

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name these days," Elijah pauses to think, "Ah, Trevor," he takes a deep breath in, "If I so see fit."

"Katerina Petrova."

Elijah's eyes widen, "I'm listening."

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864."

He nods to her, "Continue."

"She survived."

Elijah's face remains the same, "Where is she?"

Rosemary emits a small smile, "You don't seem surprised by this.

"Well, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it has everything to do with Katerina." He pauses, "Do you have her in your possession?"

"No, I have better. I have her doppelganger."

Elijah almost scoffs, "That's impossible. Her family line ended with her. I know for a fact."

"The facts are wrong."

"Well, show her to me."

"Elijah, you're a man of honor. You should be trusted. But, I want to hear you say it again."

Elijah stares at her for a couple seconds before speaking. "You have my word that I will pardon you."

She nods her head, "Follow me." Rosemary begins to walk away. Elijah turns to me, bringing his mouth close to my ear.

"You will behave, and you will not run off," he speaks in a hushed, stern tone that sends chills down my spine. "Do I make myself clear?"

I let out a shaky breath, "Got it, 'Lijah." He seems satisfied by my fear, as he wraps his hand around my bicep, pulling me in the direction Rosemary walked. I, myself am intrigued by the talk of Katerina's doppelganger. I do not believe it to be true but, Rosemary claims she has her. I guess we'll see.

I am Emilee Mikaelson. The youngest Mikaelson sibling.