Chapter 44

.

.

.

It was the last day Keenan and Finnigan were supposed to stay with her. 

Keenan had suggested they go out shopping together at the nearby shopping centre, saying that he would treat them to whatever they wanted. 

Of course, Rose didn't want to go, but both of them refused to listen to her and made sure she came anyway. 

So now, there they were inside the shopping mall. Finnigan was holding her hand, as always, and Keenan tailed behind them, looking a little happier than usual.

"At least the aircon works well here," Keenan commented as they walked inside the mall. "What should we do first?" Keenan asked as he glanced around. 

Rose looked around uncomfortably, seeing how people were staring at them. 

'Did they always attract this much attention?' she sighed. 

"I want ice cream!" Finnigan said brightly.

Keenan looked around before spotting an ice cream pop-up shop and began walking towards it.

Finnigan beamed and looked up at Rose excitingly. He then started pulling her towards the ice-cream vendor where they then stood at the window, looking at the different flavours. 

"I want cookies and cream," Finnigan said, pointing at the tub that was freshly put in.

"Which one do you want Rose?" Keenan asked as he bent down to inspect the flavours. 

Rose glanced at him and shook her head. 

"I don't want any," she muttered. 

Keenan hummed before seeing a large cone with two scoops on it. 

"Then let's get honeycomb and red velvet," he murmured, staring at the two. 

Rose cursed inwardly. Those were her two favourite flavours.

The ice cream seller quickly put two scoops into one cone while Finnigan was handed his ice cream in a cup.

Finnigan immediately began eating it while Keenan gestured for Rose to take the cone. 

"I said I didn't want any," she muttered.

Keenan looked at her in disbelief. 

"You never say no to ice cream," he stated knowingly. 

Rose took a deep breath before exhaling a long sigh, then glanced around tense.

Keenan kept staring at her, his eyes telling her to take it until she finally gave in and took the cone from out of his hand. 

He chuckled at her, to which she made an uneasy expression.

"Let me try it," he said, grabbing her hand and licking the ice cream.

Rose froze and stared at him in bewilderment. 

"Can't you get your own?" she asked, incredulous.

He licked his lips and wiped the corner of his mouth.

"I wanted to try yours," he smirked.

Rose shuddered uncomfortably. She was feeling troubled by his impulsive actions and subsequently shook her head in conflict.

The two soon continued walking around the mall, eating their ice cream while Finnigan was walking in front of them and enthusiastically pointing to everything he saw.