Chapter 31

.

.

.

When the family got back home from Parent's Day, Rose immediately told Finn to take a bath first since he was covered in dirt.

"Make sure to get all the dirt off your hands and hair," she said while filling up the tub.

Finn had already undressed himself and was leaning over the tub waiting for the water to fill up.

"Can we use the bubbly soap?" he asked while eyeing a bottle that made an excessive amount of bubbles during a bath for children.

"Sure, why not?" she said, grabbing the bottle and pouring some into the tub.

As the water began to form millions of bubbles, Finn excitedly got in and began playing in the water.

Just as she turned the tap water off and blocked the drainage hole, she felt a buzz in her pocket.

Glancing down, she realised her phone was ringing and quickly tried to wipe her hands dry on her pants.

"Don't take too long, okay?" she announced, walking out of the bathroom.

She quickly picked up her phone and looked at the number. When she saw Ryan's name she glanced around nervously before taking a deep breath and answered the call.

"Hello?" she greeted.

"Rose, it's me," Ryan said abruptly.

"I know it's you," she chuckled.

"How's everything?"

"It's been good," she replied softly.

"Have you been doing what I told you to do?" he asked.

Rose bit her lip.

"Well..." she murmured off.

"Don't tell me you've fallen in love with him now?" Ryan huffed teasingly.

"Of course not," she gruffed, "I'm just... satisfied right now knowing Finn in happy."

"Look, I know that your top priority is Finn, but right now we need to focus on you. Because whatever happens to you, will eventually happen to Finn. You don't want that, do you?" he asked.

Rose frowned and clenched her phone.

"No," she mumbled.

"Good, now just keep remembering that this all for your divorce and the wellbeing of Finn," he reminded.

"Divorce, right," she muttered in determination. "I won't have to see Keenan ever again."

"Exactly, so don't bail on me now," he joked.

Rose laughed awkwardly with him.

"I know that."

"Mommy?" Finn said, poking his head from the frame of the door.

Rose jumped and quickly ended the call before putting the phone back in her pocket.

"Yes?" she replied quickly, walking up to him.

"I'm done," he said, waving his bubbly arms in the air.

"Good job, and you got all the dirt off too," she praised while quickly getting him back inside the bathroom.

"Yup," he smiled proudly.

"Now lets get you dried up and dressed," she murmured, looking for a towel.

After she wiped down Finn and helped get him dressed, the two of them quickly walked back down towards the dining table where Keenan was already waiting.