Chapter 18

.

.

.

The first thing Rose did when she woke up was scream.

She shot open her eyes and sat up in a frenzy. She all but hoped that it was reality. She sincerely hoped that it was all just a crazy nightmare.

She began to crazily whip her head around the room, soon realising that she wasn't in their bed. She wasn't anywhere near her home. 

Beads of sweat dripped down her temple and her vision felt like it was lagging in focus. Everything just seemed so bright for her; it was blinding.

It was all white: the plaster walls, the tiled floor, all the furniture. There was an IV strip attached to her arm and many other machines flooded the room that made it seem nothing a home.

"What's wrong? I heard you scream?" Keenan suddenly said, rushing through the door.

Rose snapped her eyes towards him and widened them in worry.

"Please tell me it isn't true," she whispered. 

Keenan rose his eyebrows in confusion before walking up to her and sitting down by her side. 

"What? What's wrong?" he asked.

"Please tell me you didn't get rid of my baby," she said in an almost inaudible whisper.

Keenan suddenly seemed very quiet. His facial expression came to a halt like a criminal being caught in an act.

It only served to deepen Rose's suspicions which made her more anxious and tense.

"This can't be happening, " she said with a slight gasp of air.

When Keenan didn't answer her, Rose bit her chapped lips and started to get up from the bed, ripping off the IV drip from her arm. 

"Rose, calm down. You still need to rest from the surgery," he told her, trying to push her back down. 

"Let go of me, you murderer!" she shouted frantically getting out of the bed. 

Before she could put her feet down onto the floor, Keenan roughly pushed her back onto the bed.

Her body came flying down onto the mattress and she landed with a heavy thud.

"Don't stand up so suddenly," he reprimanded her. "You need to take it easy for now."

"Don't touch me," she seethed bitterly.

Keenan flinched at her response but remained silent and brood as he held her down by her arms. 

She gave him the coldest glare she could muster. One that was full of disgust and contempt. 

She never thought she could hate him as much as she did right there and then.

She bit her now bleeding lip as she tried to struggle against him but realised she was far too weak to push him away. All her limbs felt degenerated and her energy felt drained to the core. 

"Let go of me, asshole," she cursed faintly. 

She began thumping at his chest, albeit weakly, with her fists though it proved futile.

"Be still," he said again.

Keenan had a steady hold on her and  wasn't about to budge which only lead her to become even more frustrated than before.

Her emotions finally got the best of her and she began to cry silently to herself. Tears streamed down her face and onto the bed as she tried to fight them back.