|6| Shit Happens: Part IV

PART IV:

I am in such a hurry thinking that I would hurt the kid that I immediately sit up, even with all the clothes scattered on and about me. The first thing that I notice, is that it took more force for me to lift my torso off the ground and my sitting up is followed by the kids' sitting up which wouldn’t have been a bother if this was a normal situation. It looks like we were sitting together on one of the horses at the Mary-go-round, except we are sitting on the grass with damp clothes around us and normally the kid would want the saddle seat of the horse in the Mary-go-round and the adult who has to risk his reputation gets the back seat on the horse.

 The second thing that I take note of immediately, as Bravo and the boy continue to laugh profusely,  is that the kid does not distance himself from my back, he grabs my shoulders and as I braced myself on both knees he stands up still hugging my back. .

 I look up worried.

 Bravo stops giggling.

The boy stops giggling but still does not separate himself from me.

As if to answer the unasked question Bravo reaches out behind me and hold the boys’ hand, then with a sudden sideways jerk she makes an attempt to pull him away. Our question is answered when the boy shifts in his tracks and pulls the attached teen sideways with him. Bravo bursts into loud laughter again, occasionally tugging the boy by the hand just to see how I move along with him every time she pulls at ‘us’. We are super glued together. I can’t even stand up because if I did one of us would have to take their shirt off. That was not going to happen. So I just wait for Bravo to stop laughing and freakin do something. Even the boy starts to giggle and it looks like everyone except me is having a good time.

And then comes the third worrisome thing, I feel it. Something damp at the small of my back. What is that? All the wet clothes are on the ground so what is…?

What a second..What is that smell?

It is coming from behind me so….

OYEMYGOSH I KNOW WHAT SUSU MEANS!

“Bravo I think the boy just pissed his pants!” I announce as soon as the meaning of the word is confirmed by my snail struggling to keep the wheel in my head turning.

Bravo stops laughing.

The birds and the grasshoppers stop laughing.

But the kid doesn’t, he only gets louder. He’s so proud of his accomplishment.

Damage has been done.http://www.wattpad.com/mystories?compose=true&id=83610659

“Do something!” I yell at her.

That makes her jump into action she gets behind us, grabs the glued fabrics from the hems and pulls them in opposite directions. I pull away from the boy. And then we finally stop when we hear the ripping sound of the super glued T shirts.

When we part Bravo thinks it best to let me know I have a yellow stain on the back of my white  T shirt. And the boy has the white fuzz of my T shirt all stuck to the oval shaped dried super glue on the front of his blue shirt.

So his T shirt got stylized as ‘A Lonely Cloud in the Blue Sky’ and the back of mine is stylized as ‘The Sun Rising in the East’. I see how when we step into the great outdoors, we are inspired to create art. Bullshit!

The shameless kid continues to laugh and it pisses me off by just adding to the fact that I am literally, pissed.

I yell at the kid to stop laughing and Bravo calms him down while he cries. I kick the basket and Bravo puts all the clothes back in and carries it inside. I storm angrily to my bedroom and Bravo explains things to everyone who asks what was wrong with the usually calm girl.

Iget a shower and once I'm out it's lunch time. I have lunch with minimum conversation on the side. Today has been the biggest bummer in the history of big bummers. It sucked the suck of a suck. I sat down to watch TV with Bravo and the others. I am not really watching just staring at the screen, no thoughts in my head. I just want the damned day to end. And then I see it.

"Stop Stop, go back, go back." I say with obvious urgency. It is the same woman in that soap I watched with Mom, where the girl cried and for some reason so did Mom. As soon as Bravo complies I ask her what I had been meaning to ask Mom.

"What is she crying about?" I ask. Bravo, Z and Wall-e all stop what they are doing, even Annie looks up from her story book. They all translate what the girl says in the most sad and helpless of expressions, but only in their minds. They all look at me but no one breaks the silence.

"What is she crying about?" I ask again and as I expected nobody answers but Bravo. The one with strength enough to be straight forward about things. She says in a monotone reflecting not a hint of emotion, "Her dad is dead."

The moment freezes. I repeat the words in my head. Her dad is dead. I show no signs of being hurt by this at first. Because I get caught up in glueing the torn up shards of clues together. I had a vague feeling I would be coming face to face with something hidden from me. Something Mom doesn't want me to think about.

But the punch of the shock is marginally more effective in comparison to the pinch of suspicion.

Mom could not have been crying because she felt bad for the girl, she was crying because any day, any hour, any minute that girl could be me. It had let her worst fears loose. And I have to admit it is really scary to think of. The past that we had and the unpredictable future that we have.

The crystal clarity and starkness of the past probably makes the future sick jealous of it. The past like a see-through plain sheet of glass, plays straight and never elusive. People dwell in it because of how honest it is. But that is where the future messes things up. It is a different glass, one which plays vague.

Look at it with the eyes of an optimist and it shows us the happiness we crave; love for love, success and a happy ending sorta the emotional equivalent of dancing in evergreen daisy fields with rainbows and unicorns. Look at it with pessimism and it shows us all the crap you can imagine; no love, failure, disease and death sorta the equivalent of being skinned and sautéed in the flames of hell. So in the end we end up having serious trust issues with the future because in the end the future unlike the past is a glass of the reflecting kind.

Just reflecting a good life back into the eyes which hope for one. And mirroring a sucky life into the eyes that expect one. So instead of telling us the truth the future reflects what we want as the truth. But we can't always get what we want.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So that's it for chapter 6 my friends.

For those of you who voted and commented Thank you!

And as for the ghost readers, I would be really happy to get to know your opinion of my story.

What did you guys think about the last few paragraphs of this part?

Also do drop a Vote and comment!