Asuma's Admissions

I awoke stiff, almost like the morning in the hospital. I was chilled even though I had my blanket wrapped around me. I decided to give up on sleeping my worries away and shower. I dug around and found more clothes. I'd need to pack and seal my belongings today.

I showered quickly and threw my hair up. I took everything from my drawers and sealed it away. I'd deal with the mess later. Next was digging through my apartment. Today was Friday. I was talking to Asuma today. Tomorrow, I agreed on a date with Iruka. I'd have to let him down easy. Admit that I can't date him, he doesn't deserve to waste his affection on someone like me.

I used one of the few wind jutsus I knew and blew the dust and small debris away in my living room. I wanted to search for my scrolls and books. The sketch pads were on my coffee table when I threw the vase, so I was hoping they had survived.

I found three books that were still intact. All medical related. One on poisons, one on surgery and one on basic medical jutsu. All of my other books were destroyed. Even some Jirayia had given me.

My scrolls were a little more intact, being on the bottom shelves. Nothing really important was in them, the important ones were in my desk. I sealed the books and scrolls away and moved to focus on my sketches. I hesitated in moving anything. I didn't really want to know if my sketches made it or not.

By the hand of Kami, they were all intact. Some edges were burned, but nothing was destroyed. My heart felt fuller at the moment, knowing they survived. I sealed them away and headed to Asuma's.

I knocked on the door and waited. I heard grumbling about it being too early for this. I snorted at the thought. He opened the door and his sleepy eyes landed on me. He woke up instantly. He was shirtless and only had on sweatpants. Loose sweatpants. And no undies from what I could tell. Kami, why does he have to be so sexy.

"Didn't think you'd be this early." His voice was deeper, he really did just wake up.

"I have no idea what time it is. I couldn't sleep."

"Its 8:37."

"Sorry." I mumbled looking away from him.

"Come on. I'll make some tea. You cook breakfast."

"I'm not here for a social visit." I answered as I walked in.

"I'm not talking until I have food."

"So I have to feed you?"

He stopped in front of his fridge and turned around. His eyes seemed darker, dangerous. What is his problem? In an instant he was pressed to me, arms around me tightly. The smell of tobacco, ash and sake hit me. I thought I might drool for second.

"You can do something else for me." His words were simple, but I knew what he meant. "You woke me up. You came here on my day off to yell at me. To scold me. To punish me and push me away just like you have everyone else." His eyes scanned my face, I remained a statue, "Isn't that right?"

"Yes."  I barely whispered.

"I left because of you." He sounded so hurt.

"What?"

"I refused to continue the mission."

"You're saying th-"

"I left the village when you were 13 because I told my father I was done monitoring you,"

"Suma." I fought the tears. "How do I know it's the truth?"

"Have I ever lied to you, mouse?"

Mouse. He called me that when I was about 8. I always thought it was cute, it made me giggle. Plus with Kakashi calling me kitten, it added to the hilarity. Asuma was always so much bigger than me. Even now, he engulfed me. Kakashi was bigger than me, making me seem small. Asuma, he really did make me seem like a mouse.