Chapter 1: Gulf

3 years ago.

"Man, where did you sleep last night? We were suppose to play that new mobile game with Chalk." Jag said. I still have a headache it seems, his voice cracks in my head.

"I was at Lisa's, can't get out fast enough." I said.

"Ooooh so Lisa's the last girl standing. Didn't think she can survive you in a month." Jag teased.

"Well, last night was the last. I had to get out before it gets any deeper. Her brother arrived from Paris and she wants me to meet him so I had to set her straight." I said, pressing two fingers in the bridge of my nose.

"Haha! I thought you've changed." He said.

"She's a nice girl but I have other plans. I can't be attached since I plan to get out of this town as soon as I can." Everybody knows this.

"Yeah, yeah. Sticking to that plan as if your Mom will let you. Goodluck!" He just reminded me of this. I feel my head splitting.

This is the usual conversation I have with my best friend. He checks on me everyday and I tell him my big plans, getting out of this town at the end of the school year. I am graduating in 4 months and I can't wait. I have it all planned, the only thing missing is passing my elective then I can have that scholarship for my masters.  If only Mrs Pregnant Professor labors in no time, I will have a chance of passing.

My phone rang, getting me out of my reverie. It's Lisa again for the nth time. How the hell can I convince her to move on without hurting her sweet ass. I was so polite breaking it off with her. I might need to be rude this time. I answered the call.

"Lisa, I think I've said my piece last time. 'Tis not good for you to keep calling me. I won't change my mind." I said, frustrated at myself for leading her on inthe first place.

"Let's meet." I almost dropped my phone. It was a man's voice. I checked the caller ID just to be sure.

"So ummm. Why does your voice sound like a man?" It definitely is not Lisa on the other line.

"This is her brother. The least you can do is meet me so I can understand why my sister is bawling her heart out."

"Look man. I'm sorry I have to hurt her. I was honest with her as much as I could, told her I'll be somewhere else in 4 months and I just can't let her ——" I tried to explian.

"Goddamit!!! Let's talk." I think the brother needs to chill.

"Okay, where?" What the f#%^!! Did I just say that? Shit shit shit.

"Coffeeshop, in front of your school. Be there in an hour." I know that place.

"Wait lemme just ——." I tried to think of an excuse.

He hung up. I stared at my phone. What did I just get myself into?!!!!!