don't trust me (6)

you would be lying if you said ricky's kisses didn't leave you breathless; if the way he kissed your neck and shoulders and chest didn't have you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and your heart beating so fast, you could just about swear it was trying to break out.

jeez. you silently hope he can't hear how—

"you doing alright, babe?" he asks as he spreads your legs open, reaching a hand down to brush against your nub. you jerk underneath him, your fingers curling around his biceps.

you sink your teeth into your bottom lip, nodding as he slips in a finger.

"fuck!" you groan.

although you guys had had sex quite a few times now since your first time homecoming night, it was still a very new thing to you; not so new to ricky—you knew that, of course—but you couldn't get over how well he already seemed to know your body.

you wrap your arms around ricky's neck as he slips in another finger, and he burrows his face into the crook of yours. he places a soft kiss under your ear, then proceeds to suck a hickey into the same spot.

"ricky," you moan, feeling him smirk against your skin.

"does that feel good, hun?" he whispers.

you nod, unable to do anything else. 

a third finger enters you.

you're so caught up in the pleasure ricky's giving you, you don't notice you've managed to draw blood. you don't hear your front door open or close. you don't hear the footsteps padding up the stairs, or the opening of your bedroom door.

it's a loud screech that breaks you both out of your stupor. ricky dives for the floor, his fingers abruptly leaving you, causing you to squeak out in pain. you hurry to cover yourself up with your blankets.

you look to the entry of your bedroom door and see red standing there with his mouth wide open, eyes wide as saucers.

"what. the. actual. fuck?" red cries out.

from the corner of your eyes, you see ricky covering his face with his arms.

"red!"

he snaps out of his shock, directing his gaze on to you as he points at the boy hunkered down by your nightstand.

"what the fuck?" you two speak simultaneously.

"you weren't answering your phone!" red splutters, flashing his phone to show you six unsuccessful calls. "i was worried! you always answer me."

you climb out of your bed, wrapping the blankets around your chest, and amble over to red. you shove him out into the hall, following as you close your bedroom door behind you.

"i was busy."

"yeah, i can see that now." red says, crossing his arms. "you're still having sex with him? is that all you guys do?"

"no," you nearly growl.

by now, you two are in your living room. back in your room, ricky throws on the clothes he had worn over to your place—jeans and an orange sweatshirt.

unbeknownst to either of you, ricky's stepped out now and is hanging out in the doorway of your bedroom. he listens to your conversation.

"we watch movies and we go on dates and we cuddle and we've only had sex like, five times."

"baahhh!" red snaps, covering his ears.

"red—"

"i just don't understand why it fucking has to be ricky bowen you go for!" he snaps. "of all people, ricky bowen. and after elliot? come on! raise your standards."

"why do you hate him so much?" you manage.

"you know why," red sneers.

"well," you swallow, tears pricking the corners of your eyes. you wipe at your face. "he hasn't done anything to hurt me. and i really like him, red. i think he really likes me too."

"he likes that you're willingly being his personal whore!" red barks before he can even think about it.

your eyes widen and you shut your mouth, as red brings his hands to cover his mouth.

ricky now walks up behind you.

"i think it's time you leave." he tells red, wrapping an arm around your midsection.

red doesn't say anything. he gives you one last, apologetic glance as he steps out onto your porch. ricky shuts the door. he cups your chin, bringing your glossy gaze up to him. his thumbs swipe at the tears already falling down your cheeks.

"you okay?" he whispers.

you shake your head, sniffling. "i knew red hated that i was with you, but i never thought he'd ever call me that."

ricky wraps his arms around you, pulling you to his chest. he presses his lips to the crown of your head as you exhale deeply.

"why does he hate you so much?"

he pulls back to look down at you, pushing some of your hair back behind your ear.

"did you know i dated nini?" ricky says. you shake your head. "we started dating at the beginning of freshman year. i was still friends with red at the time; i didn't even know ej caswell. nini was my first everything—first kiss, first time . . . first love."

you pretend not to notice the way he grimaces when he says the word "love", like it was the weakest thing someone could do.

"it was right before christmas break. her family was going to colorado for the holidays, so we exchanged presents a little early. she uhm, she got me this guitar pick with the day we started dating engraved in it. and i got her like, a bracelet with a heart and i told her i loved her. but she wasn't ready for that, and she broke up with me three days later, via text while she was probably chilling in the hot tub of the five star resort they were staying at.

"and i just said, 'fuck it.' that's when i started sleeping around, i guess. and red, he hated that. he tried to help," the word comes out ungratefully. "but i guess he eventually figured there was no point, and that was the end of our friendship. we went our own ways. but he doesn't trust me. i get it. he's just looking out for you."

you lean up to press your lips against ricky's, and he pushes back against you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"do you still love nini?" you question when you pull away, not meeting his gaze.

he shakes his head.

"i keep the guitar pick in my wallet to remind me that love is for suckers."

you bury your head in his chest.

"then i must be a sucker, too." you say softly; he doesn't hear you, and for that you're grateful.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

other notes: