don't trust me (5)

there's a little get together going on at the caswell house. currently, it's just ricky and ej, setting out the snacks and drinks.

"soo." ej drawls as he pours some barbeque chips into a bowl. "what happened after you two left homecoming? did you, uh?"

he doesn't finish the sentence, instead wriggling his eyebrows to get the message across.

"not that it's any of your business—no. we didn't have sex," ricky lies as he sets down a couple liters of soda, cups, and shot glasses. but ej doesn't need to know that you two had sex. no one but the two of you need to know. "we just went back to my place and watched a movie."

ricky goes into the kitchen to grab the alcohol. there's svedka, coors light, mike's hard, absolut, smirnoff, and some wine for nini. he makes three trips to bring all the alcohol to the table set out for the snacks and drinks.

ej sucks his teeth, frowning as he plops down onto the sofa in the center of his rather large living room. he grabs a beer, opening it and taking a large swig.

"that's it?"

"she fell asleep halfway through," ricky continues the lie. he grabs a plastic cup and pours some orange soda, taking a drink.

"well, why didn't you try getting to home base?"

"she was sleeping?"

ej rolls his eyes. "before she fell asleep, dumbass," he retorts.

"i- i just don't want to rush anything with her. i really . . . like her."

"i could have told you that." ej smirks, grabbing the controller and turning on the television. ricky furrows his eyebrows. "i'm your best friend, man. i notice things about you that even you don't realize. and after watching you drool over y/n this last year, i knew you weren't going to ask her out without a push."

the doorbell rings and ej stands to answer it.

nini and kourtney.

ej pulls nini in for a kiss, and kourtney catches ricky's glance. she rolls her eyes and points at the couple, before pushing past them to take a seat on the armchair to ricky's left. she grabs a shot glass from the table and unscrews the svedka, pouring a shot.

ej closes the door, plunks himself down back onto the sofa, and pulls nini on to his lap. nini wraps her arms around ej's neck, kissing his cheek.

"when is everyone else arriving?" nini asks.

"kaden's a total wild card," ej says as he grabs a cheeto. "and ricky invited y/n, who said she might come."

the doorbell rings again.

"it's open!" ej calls.

the door opens and shuts, and kaden enters the living room, carrying a duffel bag over his shoulder. "what up, dudes and dudettes?"

kourtney scoffs, rolling her eyes at the teen. kaden takes a seat on the floor, setting his duffel next to him.

"we doing anything right now?" kaden asks.

"just possibly waiting on a couple of other people," ej says. the doorbell rings. "speak of the devil."

ricky gets up to answer the door. you're standing on the porch wearing an oversized nyu shirt and black shorts. ali holds a couple of blankets in her arms.

"you came." ricky breathes, offering you a bright smile.

"yeah," you yawn. "i brought missy, i hope that's okay?"