Chapter 53

Pyrrha's POV

Cinder is cutting my hair while my team is surprised that I'm letting my get cut after having it long for so long, Ren comes up to me "Are you sure we can trust Michael? I know he's your son but I sense discomfort within him. He could change on us at any minute."

Everyone agrees with him and father walks up to me "He's dangerous and you know that Pyrrha."

"Just like Darnell... but I know there's good in him, I felt it when he hugged me. He just needs to see what we see at the end."

Cinder stops cutting my hair and Salem comes down with my new armor. "Here's your armor Pyrrha. Much lighter then that smith made it."

"Thank you Salem, I'll be back and I'll do a patrol around the town and see if I find anything."

I walk up stairs with my new armor and thank Salem again and continue up the stairs and I walk into my room and put my new armor on. I slide my ring that Darnell was going to give me back on and feel myself with determination to bring him back.... I can see all of our great memories flooding back. I walk up to the mirror and put my headpiece on.

I look suitable for any type of fight I get in and I feel much lighter

I look suitable for any type of fight I get in and I feel much lighter. I going to have to get used to my hair being shorter though. Memories of Darnell playing with my hair in the morning makes me smile "You're coming back with me Darnell, I know I tore your heart apart with what I said... but I promise you... I didn't mean it all."

Michael walks into the room and surprises me "You might have to beat that into him."

I turn around and he's not in his suit anymore and I can see how damaged his skin is..... he's got skin like mine but he's covered in scars. I'm heartbroken seeing him in this state "I know... I'm not easy to look at, but I took all this on so my sisters didn't have to."

I walk up closer slowly and I notice he's wearing Darnell's old huntsman outfit "That's your father's..."

"I shouldn't wear it?"

I smile "That's not it, you're missing something."

He gets confused but I grab Darnell's cross and put it on him as he bends down a little so I can connect the chain "Here" back up from him "That's it, you look great."

He smiles "Thanks I guess."

"Now I'm going on patrol, you make friends okay?"

Irritation spreads across his face but I know he'll at least try, I walk downstairs and father walks up to me "Sure you ok going alone? Any of us could come with you know, don't think of as a way to redeem yourself honey."

I smile at him "If I find Darnell he'll most likely give me a chance to talk to him if I'm alone."

He thinks a bit "You're right, if everyone was there he'll most likely fight or disappear on us."