Tom Holland: Told You So

This is a request from @CaptainSwanEriel, based on one of Tom's interviews for In The Heart of the Sea, I hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~

I wait patiently at the terminal for Tom's flight to land. I smile when I see the small jet land on the runway and rise from my seated position. Someone guides me down a series of hallways to where I can meet Tom. We both smile when we see each other. I run to him and he wraps his strong arms around my small frame.

"I missed you darling," he says with a grin, pulling away and taking my hand in his.

"It's been two weeks," I tease, and he rolls his eyes. 

"I still missed you," he says with a wink. We are escorted to my car and I drive him back to our home.

Christmas is less than a week away, and I finally get Tom back home for a while. He's been working really hard for this new film, and I know that he's been struggling a little bit with it because of workout routines and a specific diet. Over the phone he's told me countless times how excited he is about all of the food he can have again, especially all the sweets that come with Christmas. Plus, there's Christmas dinner. I don't blame him, I'd be excited too if I were in his shoes.

We pull into the driveway and unload his things from the car. We walk into the house and instantly Tessa is at his feet, panting happily and wagging her tail. 

"Tess!" Tom says excitedly, dropping to the ground and hugging his dog. I giggle as he plays with her for a minute, and take Tom's things up to our room to put away. I set his bags down in the closet when I feel his arms wrap around me from behind. I smile and turn to face him, planting a kiss on his lips. 

"Welcome home, babe."

****

It's Christmas day, and Tom and I are heading over to his family's home for Christmas dinner. Tom is driving, one hand on the steering wheel, the other holding one of mine. The radio is playing some Christmas tunes and I hum along softly. Tom chuckles, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I ask, smirking.

"Nothing, you're just cute," he replies, making me blush, and he laughs. Then he changes the subject. "Oh man. You have no idea how excited I am for tonight. I'm going to eat so much food-"

"Tom, babe, I know you're excited, but remember what you were told? Ease your way back into a regular diet?" I gently remind him, laughing a little.

"Pssh, I'll be fine," he argues, shaking his head. I shake my head in return.

"Whatever you say. Just know that when you get sick, I told you so," I tease. He rolls his eyes and smiles. Our car pulls up to his parents' home and we walk up to the door, hand in hand. Tom knocks, and a few moments later his brother, Harry, answers the door. He smiles wide when he sees his brother.

"Hey! I missed you!" He says, hugging Tom and making room for us to walk inside. Tom and Harry get chatting, and I walk into the house to find Tom's mother, Nicola, who is prepping a few things in the kitchen. 

"Hello!" I call out, and she turns to see me.

"(Y/n)! I didn't know you two were here yet," she says, organizing a platter.

"We just arrived. Would you like some help?" I offer, and she directs me to carry a basket of dinner rolls to the dining table. I follow her to the dining room and place the basket on the table. I turn to leave when I notice Tom sneak in and attempt to steal a roll.

"Hey!" I exclaim, calling him out. "Nuh-uh!" Then he leaves the room, laughing. 

Finally it's time to sit down and have dinner. Tom sits down next to me and rests a hand on my knee. Once everyone is seated we all begin serving ourselves. All the while I'm watching Tom's plate get piled higher and higher with more and more food. I nudge him with my elbow. 

"You're going to hate yourself later," I caution, and he laughs. 

"I'll be fine, babe," he says and digs into his mountain of food. 

*****

I wake up to sunlight slipping through the curtains over our window. Last night I think Tom ate enough food to feed an entire army, and even then some, and when we got home he went straight to bed. I look at the mess of hair over his forehead and chuckle, then crawl out of bed and head down to the kitchen to make some tea.

"Uuuuugh," I hear Tom groan a few minutes later. I laugh and roll my eyes, grabbing the two cups of tea I've just made from the counter top and take them upstairs to the bedroom, where I find Tom lying face down on the bed.

"Oh no, do you have a tummy ache?" I say, trying not to laugh. Tom sits up and looks at me, glaring. I laugh and extend my arm towards him, offering him a cup of tea. He sits up and takes it and drinks it slowly. 

"I really don't feel good," he mumbles, setting his cup on the bedside table and flopping backwards onto the bed. I sit down next to him, crawling under the covers. He does the same and lies on his back. I rub circles on his stomach, and he sighs, turning his head to face me. I stare into his eyes, smirking a little bit.

"Go on...you can say it," he mumbles, closing his eyes and facing the ceiling.

"Hmm? Say what?" I tease.

"Oh stop it, you know what I mean," he says laughing, and then groans again. I chuckle, and then pause for a moment. The room is silent except for the sound of our breathing.

"...I told you so," I finally say, and both of us laugh before falling back asleep.

~~~~~~~

Hopefully you liked it!