Chapter 25

“I am The Slender Man.” He said. “Annabell, come with me.” I was confused. Could he see me? “Come on Annabell.” He looked right at me. “Yes that’s right I can see you.” He admitted.

“You can see me?”

“Yes now come on.” The others just stared at him like he was a crazy lunatic, which he kind of was. “So what was the last thing that you remember doing?” He asked me.

“I remember changing into this form that was tall, pale, and I had no face, but when I changed back I fainted and didn’t wake up.”

“Yes well, that’s the same exact thing that happened to me. Since I was killed in that form I can no longer be in that form. It’s a shame really, that’s what gave me my name.”

“So how can I go back? I’m getting married in a week. I can’t be like this at my own wedding!” I ranted.

“Wait you’re getting married in a week and you didn’t even think to invite your own father. What is wrong with today’s generation of children?” He said. I couldn’t do anything but stare at him.

“Are you serious? Everyone thought that you were really dead! Nobody knew that you had hid your own body in a casket in a secret room!” I said annoyed.

“Well you could have at least came to my grave and said something.”

“You haven’t really ever been a part of my life. I didn’t expect any of this okay!” I said.

“Okay, okay. I earned that one. Now who is the lucky guy?” He asked.

“The one that you sent to stalk me.”

“Wow he got the nerve to ask you to marry him? He’s better than I thought he was.” I gave him a look telling him I wasn’t amused. “Okay have you tried sleeping?”

“Sleeping? You mean like how I am right now?”

“Yes, now that you have activated your operator form, every time you go to sleep you will be like this. So to be able to go back to your own flesh, you must go to sleep as your slender form.”

“That’s it? Are you serious?”

“Well it is going to be harder than it seems. As a slender you will almost never be tired. Do you want to try?”

“Yes, I need to try. I need to let Toby know that everything will be okay.”

“Okay let’s get started.” He smiled. We went into one of the many bedrooms. There was a purple baby bed in the corner of the room in the other corner there was a bed with purple sheets, pillows, and a purple blanket. Everything in the room was some shade of purple. “This was supposed to be your room, but then we decided it would be best for you if you lived with a normal family. Well try to get sleep and if you can’t fall asleep within an hour then come to my office. If I come back in here after an hour and you are asleep then I will go to the house to see if it worked. Good night.”

“Dad.” He turned around and looked at me. “Thanks.” I said. He smiled. I could tell he could feel love burning in his heart. Dad was something every father wants to hear from their daughter. He walked out of the room and I crawled into the bed covering myself in the warm purple blanket. It was more comfortable than the bed I had at home. It made me want to fall asleep, and so I did.