Chapter 13

“I want mine black.” Toby said to me.

“Okay one espresso black coming right up.”

“You know what I think I want it with 2 cream and 3 sugar.” 

“Okay then, one espresso 2 cream 3 sugar.”

“No, no, no, I want tea.” He said.

“Oh my God Toby, you’re like a women deciding what to wear.” I complained. He laughed. I sat his cup of tea in front of him on the table.

He looked at it for a minute. “Eh, is it too late for a cappuccino?” He asked. I thought my head was going to explode.

“Toby.” I wined “From now on you’re making your own coffee.” I demanded. He laughed again. He loved making me mad. I learned to just ignore him. I loved it when he smiled. I rarely ever saw the breath taking smile until now. He was like a completely different person. 

Valentine’s Day was a week away and we didn’t have anything planned. I didn’t even bother to bring it up. I thought maybe he had been living in the woods too long to remember what certain holidays were, or even what a holiday was at all.

“So do you want to go to the store with me today?” I asked Toby. He was hesitant to answer. 

“Um yeah sure.” He said. I was surprised, he never wanted to go to town. It always made him nervous to be in public places. 

“Are you sure?” I asked making sure that he really wanted to do it.

“Yeah, I think it would be good for me. Plus if I go with you I can make sure you buy the right things.” He joked. We both laughed. I was enjoying my new life. 

When we went to the store Toby wouldn’t stop putting random things in the cart. “Toby put that back! I’m buying a million bags of candy.” I said. 

“Awe come on. Please?” He began to beg. 

“One bag of candy, ONE.” I scolded. A big smile came to his face. I was trying to be serious, but I couldn’t help but to laugh. I went to through the store, trying to keep track off the random things that were being put in the cart by Toby. By the time we were done, Toby had to have placed every item in the store into the cart. I decided that I was never taking him to the store again!

“That was fun. Let’s go again!”

I instantly replied. “NO!” Not able to control my mouth.

“Awe why not? Please?!” He began to bat his eyes at me. We both started laughing and got into the car. 

“So I’m guessing that you had fun annoying the hell out of me all day!” I joked.

“Now why would you say that?” He said sarcastically, smiling at me. Even though he had been a shit head the entire day I enjoyed having him with me.