Chapter 22

“You see I really wish you would have chosen to leave and forget about me, but now you’re really never going to forget about me and which choice you should have chosen.” I became invisible, turning into a form similar to what my father took. Still invisible I walked up to him and became once again visible. I was now a tall pale figure which had no face. I could see the fear in his eyes as he tried to shoot me. Pulling the trigger he noticed that he didn’t load the gun. He dropped his gun running back to his car. “Run Travis, run while you still can.” My voice boomed from all directions. The sound of static rang in my ears. I began to walk backwards slowly to make sure that I didn’t do anything I didn’t need to. He stumbled into his car. Putting the keys into the ignition to start it, he dropped them a couple times. He finally got the car started and sped away not looking back. I fell to my knees, transforming back into the long brown curly haired, blue eyed girl that I was. I got up off the ground and began to walk back towards the house. I was looking around I was on a country road surrounded by woods. My vision began to go blurry. I began to stumble around. I couldn’t see anything. I fainted as I fell to the ground.

Toby’s P.O.V

I couldn’t take it anymore. Annabell had been gone for over two hours and it was starting to get dark. “I’ll be back in a little while.” I told the others.

“Where you going?” Lloyd asked.

“Annabell has been gone for way too long, I have to go out and look for her.” I said as I put on my jacket. I pulled up my mouth guard and pulled down my goggles, ready to walk out the door.

“Hey, I’m coming with you.” Nick said. “We can take my car.”

“Okay whatever, come on.” I grabbed my hatchets and slid them down into their halters.

“What do you need those for?” Nick asked as we walked out the door.

“I don’t believe in guns.” I said with a straight face. We got into Nick’s car and drove out the driveway. “Listen, if you see anything you’re not supposed to, you’re going to have to keep your mouth shut and forget about it. Got it?”

“Yeah I guess.” Nick said with an uneasy voice.

“I’m not trying to scare you or anything but Travis was right. I do have a history that I’d rather not discus, but if I need to I will admit o it. Even if it means that I will lose my life. I will do anything to keep Annabell safe.”

“So how did you guys meet?”

“Funny story actually. Annabell’s father had took me in when I was younger, just like he did with Masky and Hoodie. Annabell was switched out at birth with a baby girl from the Tailor family. About six years ago her father gave me the job of watching her and keeping her safe, without her knowing. So she was unknowingly being stalked by her biological father. So I did as I was told. Before I knew it I was in love with her. One day she was wondering around in the woods and I had Masky and Hoodie with me. They didn’t know anything about my job, but I let them have a little fun and scare her, then I jumped in and made sure that she got home safe. At first she hated me and called me a creep.” I paused and laughed. “But then that one day, I won’t ever forget that day, she kissed me.” I couldn’t help but smile at the memory.

It was dark outside so I couldn’t really see anything but whatever the headlights were shining on. In the distance I could see something on the side of the road. “Stop the car.” Nick stopped and I jumped out of the car, thinking the worst as I was running towards whatever was on the side of the road.