Scene 2

SCENE 2

INT. Driveway

TODD is shown in the driveway, in his car as he starts looking through his phone. As he scrolls through Instagram, he sees MARLIE's post, showing her with XAVIER HUDSON, a football star; handsome and tall. TODD then sees her comment:

"I had so much fun with you."

TODD scoffs with disgust.

TODD

(to himself)

Why does every girl go for the football jock?

As he is about to start his car, Mrs. Garry's cat, his neighbor's cat, appears in front of TODD's car, resting on the hood of the car. TODD, annoyed by the appearance of the cat, tries to shoo it away.

TODD

(waving wildly)

Go! Shoo!

The cat, giving a dirty look at TODD, sullenly moves away from the hood of the car. TODD, then, calls DAVID, which David picks up. We quickly get cutscenes of DAVID and TODD, conversing. The Cutscene starts with DAVID exhausted, leaning on a door. He picks up the phone.

DAVID

Yello?

TODD (O.S.)

Hey David, you available?

DAVID

Hell no. I got chores to do.

Cutscene to TODD.

TODD

Just dump your job and leave. I can pick you up.

DAVID (O.S.)

That's not gonna happen. I gotta deal with an angry Hispanic that is, unfortunately, my Mother.

TODD

What did you do this time? Did you make her angry again?

DAVID (O.S.)

I didn't even do anything to make her angry!

TODD

Are you sure?

Cutscene to DAVID

DAVID

To be honest, I don't even know what I did wrong. She's too cryptic to understand. She just angry at me all the time.

TODD (O.S.)

You did something that pissed her off. Is she making you clean up the entire house?

DAVID

Yes, but I just finished mowing the lawn.

Cutscene to TODD in his car, the camera showing TODD inside the car. DAVID and TODD's conversation is quickly halted by DAVID's Mother, yelling off-screen.

Cutscene to DAVID

DAVID'S MOM (O.S.)

(in Spanish)

David, get your lazy ass over here!

DAVID

(in Spanish)

One minute, Mom! I'm talking to my friend!

DAVID's MOM (O.S.)

(in Spanish)

Now! I mean it! Don't make me come at you with the belt!

DAVID sighs with frustration as he answers back TODD.

TODD (O.S.)

Was that her?

DAVID

Yeah. Hey, listen, maybe next time. At least I'll meet you guys at school tomorrow.

TODD (O.S.)

Alright, see ya.

DAVID's MOM (O.S.)

David!

DAVID

I'm coming!

The cutscene's stop with TODD hanging up. Unsatisfied, TODD is shown backing up his car out of his driveway. As he backs off, he hits Mrs. Garry's cat. The car is shown with a sudden jerk of motion. TODD stops his car.

TODD

What the heck...

TODD jumps out of his car to see Mrs. Garry's cat dead and run over. TODD's expression is shown with shock.

TODD

Ah, shi-