6.

"YOU KILLED HIM?" Greed's voice was an octave higher than usual. He watched as blood soaked through Lust's shirt. Gluttony let go of the dagger's hilt, leaving it in Lust's chest. It was a terrible sight. Before this all happened, the seven of them were friends. Now one of those friends was lying dead on Greed's bed.

Blood bubbled from Lust's mouth and down his chin. His red, unseeing eyes stared at the ceiling.

"He's the enemy," Gluttony said flatly. "And enemies are not allowed in my house."

"He wasn't being hostile!"

"And if he tried to kill you, then what?"

"He was helping me!"

"He works for Lucifer---"

Someone laughed. Greed blinked, confused. He turned to Lust's body, where the sound was coming from.

Lust blinked his previously glossed over eyes and all life seemed to return to them. He stopped laughing and gave a shit-eating grin to the both of them. "Did I do a good impression of a dead man?"

"What the fuck," Gluttony breathed.

"Yes, darling Gluttony, I'm still alive." Lust stood up off the bed with a groan, stretching. Greed winced when more blood came from his wound and pooled onto floor. Lust only glanced at the dagger in his heart as if it were a minor inconvenience.

"Oh, dear," he said. "That's making quite a mess."

"How are you alive?" Gluttony growled. "You fucking bastard, you---"

"Calm down, Gluttony dearest. If you'll allow me a second to. . . ah, excuse me." Lust grabbed the hilt of the dagger and pulled it out, groaning a little. "Ah, fuck. You really spare no mercy." He dropped the dagger on the floor and grimaced at the red still pouring from his wound.

"My apologies." Lust grinned. The blood in his mouth made him look maniacal.

"Lust, how the hell are you still alive?" Greed asked, wide eyes staring at his fatal wound. "You're bleeding too much, you should be---"

"Dead?" Lust chuckled. "Sweetheart, I don't do that anymore. Working with Lucifer grants immortality. I can't die, no matter how much I bleed. It's exactly as I told you; you can't kill me."

"So what the fuck are you doing here?" Gluttony asked sharply.

Lust raised an eyebrow. "What, did you think I was here to steal your large collection of booze?"

Gluttony glared.

Lust held eye contact with Gluttony, staring him down. "I came to help. And to negotiate."

"Does Lucifer know you're here?" Greed asked. He was surprised the question hadn't come to him earlier.

Lust didn't answer that. He wiped some blood off of his lip with his thumb and studied it. "Mm. It's been quite a while since I've bled this much. It's rather exhilarating. Thank you, Gluttony."

Gluttony bared his teeth and made to lunge again, but Greed put a hand out to stop him.

"Lust," Greed repeated. "Does Lucifer know you're here?"

Lust shrugged. "He does what he wants. Sees what he sees. It's not my business if he's keeping tabs on me."

Greed frowned. If Lust was under Lucifer's control, wouldn't Lucifer know Lust's whereabout for sure? Unless, of course, Lust was willingly working with The Devil, but that would be. . .

"I really must be going now. Take care, Greed. You too, Gluttony. And, again," he bared his fangs in a smile, "my apologies for the mess."

He disappeared into thin air, leaving the floor red and wet with blood, as well as the bedsheets. Greed cringed at it.