4.

GREED WOKE UP to the sound of punching.

Blinking his eyes open and sitting up, Greed stretched. If he was hearing correctly, it was the sound of boxing gloves; someone was training in the other room.

Greed kicked his blanket away, slipping out the door. He wanted to see what was going on before he grabbed a shower.

Peeking into the living room, he saw Envy with boxing gloves on. In front of him was Pride, who had punching mitts on, moving them from side to side each time Envy landed a hit.

Greed wandered into the kitchen, watching as Envy threw punches.

His form is bad, Greed noted. He leaves his left side completely open each time he punches from his right hand. He'd go down in a fight within a few seconds.

"What's so interesting, Greed?"

Greed turned. Behind him was Wrath, a towel around his shoulders, fresh from the shower. Greed scoffed and turned away.

"Interesting?" he repeated. "More like pathetic. Envy wouldn't stand a chance against someone who knew what they were doing."

He was speaking loud enough for it to reach Envy's ears. But it seemed Envy had learned to tune out his nasty comments for now.

"You sure you don't want to train, Greed?" Wrath asked. "It's been a while. You still got it in you?"

Greed rolled his eyes. "Of course, Wrath. Who do you think I am? Sloth?"

From the couch, Sloth grunted.

Wrath grinned, a mischievous look in his eyes. "Prove it, then."

He threw a left hook at Greed's face. Greed ducked and grabbed his arm, punching him in the gut with his free hand. Wrath kneed Greed in the groin. Greed yelled in pain, before growling in anger and grabbing a cloth from the side of the sink. He grabbed one of Wrath's wrists and pulled it behind his head, tying his hands together. Greed stepped on Wrath's foot and grabbed his hair, pushing his head down against the counter.

Wrath struggled. Greed leaned down into his view.

"Don't forget which one of us kills the demons," he whispered in Wrath's ear. He straightened and released Wrath, who attempted to wriggle free of Greed's Do-It-Yourself restraints.

Greed straightened his shirt, aware of everyone in the room watching him. Gluttony must have walked in while they were fighting, because he was watching with wide eyes.

"All in good fun," Greed muttered. "I wasn't actually going to hurt him, you know."

"You seemed pretty. . . determined," Envy observed.

"Didn't I tell you not to talk to me?" Greed turned to him, clenching his fists. His body almost forced itself forward towards Envy, but he stopped himself.

"Don't be so harsh, kid," Sloth said.

Greed flipped him and Envy the finger as he walked away. For good measure, he flipped off Wrath, too, before heading for the shower, leaving everyone silent in his wake.

.
.
.

Greed listened to the sins discuss him, picking at his nails as he leaned against the wall, out of their sight.

"He's dangerous," one of them said. Pride.

"That's harsh," Sloth said.

Greed gave a small nod of his head, though no one could see it. Dangerous was a bit harsh. He'd never hurt the others. Hell, he wouldn't even hurt Envy. He knew his boundaries. Greed pressed his forehead against the wall, closing his eyes and exhaling.