2.

JEON JEONGGUK, OWNER OF MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, STEPS
DOWN TEMPORARILY

Jeon Jeongguk, new owner and CEO of Jeon Industries, is taking a temporary leave from his multi-million dollar company for his mental health

THE PAPER ARRIVED on Greed's doorstep two weeks later. He was used to being on the front page on the newspapers ever since inheriting the company, but after reading the headline, he crumpled it up and threw it in the trash.

He had bought a small apartment away from his company. It was smaller than he'd like---just a bit too cozy, but he'd manage. He wasn't quite sure when he'd return, though---he wasn't ready yet. Some days he'd feel nothing, no pain, just the dull feeling of absence. Other days he'd sob silently and clutch his chest because it hurt too much.

Today was the latter. The doorbell rang, and Greed wiped his eyes quickly and erased all trace of sadness from his face. He opened the door to an old lady, who was smiling and holding a tray of cookies. She said something about welcoming him to the neighborhood---Greed wasn't really paying attention. He thanked her for the cookies and shut the door in her face, proceeding to dump the cookies in the trash.

Greed sighed and opened the fridge, only to find it was empty.

Shouldn't have thrown out the cookies, he thought.

Greed slipped into some better clothes and grabbed a wad of cash, making his way out of the apartment and into the elevator. He felt oddly paranoid, but he'd been feeling like that ever since he took a leave from the company. He wasn't used to living without bodyguards and security at every turn. It was just something he had to get used to.

He walked to the small market across the street and bought vegetables, fruits, meat, and kitchen essentials. He struggled with the bags a bit, but was able to make it halfway home, when he bumped into someone. Greed staggered, the weight of the groceries making him lose his balance a bit. He caught his footing quickly.

"Sorry," the person said, apologizing and steadying him with their hands on his shoulders. "I'm so sorry, I---Greed?"

Greed looked up and sighed tiredly at the taller, older sin. "Wrath," he said with a nod. Wrath was less annoying than the others. Maybe this encounter would go better than the last two.

"You look. . ." Wrath didn't finish the thought. "What are you doing?"

Greed gestured to his groceries. "Making breakfast. What are you doing? Did Envy send you?"

"No. After that warning you gave Pride, we decided we could go to Hell without you. I was just coming back from visiting my parents."

Greed nodded and brushed past Wrath, hands gripping the bags tighter. He felt even more paranoid now that he was standing outside his apartment. He couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on him; he hoped it wasn't the press. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at Wrath. "Are you coming?"