Internal Love

I swear, this suggestion has been made over a year or so ago, but so much happened during that time. I did like the idea, though, so here's the finished one shot. I hope you all enjoy <3
__________

Prompt:
"[Snape] thinks your potion making is impressive and likes how much sass you give to the students." (+ lemon or lime stuff)
__________

"I do not need an intern!" Severus Snape sneered, staring at the man before him who was smiling kindly while looking at him from behind his half-moon shaped glasses.

"I am not saying you need one, Severus," he started. "I am simply trying to say that they could save you lots of time by taking up some of your tasks for you. You've got more than enough on your mind already, so this wouldn't hurt, would it?"

Oh, so now he was incapable of doing all the work on his own?

"Yes, exactly, I've got enough on my mind. I don't need an intern to look after as well, thank you Albus!" Severus said, getting more frustrated by the second.

"They won't be a burden," he immediately got back. "They're barely a few years younger than you and they already have quite some experience with potions."

Severus remained quiet, staring at the rim of the desk. His hands held tightly onto the armrests of the chair he was sitting on, refraining himself from standing up and walking away.

"Just give them a chance, dear boy. You won't regret it." Albus said, and Severus sensed there was no use in resisting. If the old man had set his mind on something - which he clearly had in this case - you'd have to go along with it, whether you liked it or not.

"Fine," Severus sighed, standing from his chair. "But if they manage to displease me in any way, they're out."

...

Dumbledore had apparently been planning this for a while already, since no more than a day after his conversation with Severus, he arrived at the door of his office with you: a young, motivated witch/wizard, who was more than ready to start their new internship at the beloved school.

"Come in." Severus rang out when he heard knocking, not bothering to look up.

Dumbledore opened the door and stepped inside, seeming just a bit too cheerful for his liking.

"Severus, meet [Y/N], your intern!" he said, almost proudly, when you walked into the room behind him, looking around curiously.

Your eyes rested on Severus, who sat at his desk with a stack of papers before him and a quill in his hand. He looked up with a raise of one of his stern eyebrows as his dark eyes seemed to pierce through yours.

"I'll leave you two alone now. Get to know each other a little bit, alright?" Dumbledore said, looking mainly at Severus before he left the room with a swish of his robes.

"So you're my intern," Severus said, more to himself than to you. "Albus said you were talented, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to teach my classes tomorrow, should it?"

You gulped, panicking in silence while Severus started rummaging through the drawer in his desk. He took out a folder filled with papers and held them in your direction.

"All you need to know about the children and the teaching material is in here." Severus said as you took the folder from him.

"Take your time to read that. You'll need it." Severus said, sitting back in his chair again and continuing with whatever he was doing before you and Dumbledore had come into his room.