Chapter 4:~The Farewell

I just sat on the couch and observed everyone.They were all in a frenzy.

It was finally the day..

The two remaining weeks had passed by in a blur,but we had made the most of it.
In these two weeks,we had all gone on a family picnic and had gone on a number of shopping sprees.My parents took leave from their office and spent most of their time with me.
Mumma made my favourite dishes daily and Aditi was always stuck to my side.Mahi came over almost everyday.

We even had a little party with our entire family and some of my friends and their parents.Mahi was of course there and Shreya,my favourite cousin  also came here that night.She's a year older than me but still our bond is very deep.

But three of my other friends were missing .They've all actually gone on a vacation to Goa and will be returning two days after I leave India.I couldn't go with them as I was quite busy and Mahi didn't want to leave me alone.So we both didn't go.They were all also very happy when they heard the news,but just a bit sad that they couldn't meet me before I leave.

We all talked reminiscing good memories,stuffed our stomachs full and danced a lot.And that's how the night ended.

I received calls and texts from all my relatives,some of whom I didn't even knew they existed,congratulating me and giving lots of blessings.Afterall I was the first in my family to get such an opportunity.

Though tired,even then I couldn't sleep.For the next day only,my flight was at 11 in the morning.I just couldn't sleep and was and still am feeling quite anxious.
I was struck by a sudden realisation that tomorrow I will be starting a new chapter of my life. I've never been away from my family for more than a day or two and am used to having almost everything done for me.My parents treated me like a princess and now I was going to be on my own.I know it will definitely be difficult for i have so much to learn,but I've always wanted to be independent.And now that's finally happening.And i beleive everything will turnout to be really good.I trust myself,I'll adapt with everything quickly.Above all, I'm extremely excited and eager for tomorrow.
Knowing sleep was nowhere near me,I went into my parents room.

Oh!these were rare moments.I dont know if it's a boon or a curse but i can sleep almost anywhere and anytime,no matter if my surroundings are silent or noisy,i can sleep within just a few minutes.Me not being able to sleep is such a rare occurring.

After knocking,I entered into their room to find them wide awake,just laying and talking to each other.I layed down between both of them and spent almost the entire night talking with them.I think it was early morning,when I even heard the chirping of birds,that my eyes couldn't stay open any more and i finally fell asleep.I don't even know if my parents slept or not.

Suddenly I was awakened by my mom's voice-"Aashi...get up and get ready.Or you'll miss your flight."

I groggily sat up,squinting my eyes due to the sunlight barging from the windows and stretched like a cat.My mom was slightly shocked nonetheless happy that I got up at once.

Again a first!! I don't get up at once..especially not before mom shouts some beautiful things at me.But it was no normal day as well.

It was the start of a new beginning.

She wished me a good morning to which I somehow mumbled the same in reply.

I got up and staggered to my room.Picking out my clothes I rushed into the washroom. After doing my business I came out wearing a red T-shirt tucked into my comfortable blue jeans with my blue jean jacket.I did my hair in a side braid,leaving out a few strands to frame my face.I also applied my lip-balm,wore on my converse and then went outside.

I went to the little temple we have in our house and sat in front of the idols of all gods and goddesses. I asked them for their support and blessings for my new life abroad.I also prayed to them to take care of my family in my absence.

And here I am staring at everyone busily moving about here and there.
I sat in between my grandparents who asked if I have properly packed everything.I had already done that with the help of my mother.

Suddenly mom said that the breakfast is ready.We all sat at the dining table and had a good breakfast that consisted of 'aalo parathas',my favourite,all the while chatting and me getting the same advices from all,which they've all already given me numerous times since I got the acceptance letter.My grandmother also fed me a spoonful of curd and sugar,for according to her it's considered a good omen.

Finally it was 9 and my father said it's better to leave now for their may be traffic on the way.My cousin brothers put my luggages in the car.After taking blessings from all my elders and promising my little siblings to return soon with gifts for them,we finally departed from there.

I love them all so much!!!

My parents,Aditi,Shaurya,Esha,Mahi and my cousin elder brother Deepak came with me to the airport.
This farewell was the most difficult part.I hugged everyone,promising once more that I'll look after myself,therfore they should also take care of themselves instead of worrying about me.I kissed Shaurya's cheeks and promised again to bring him a racing car.

We heard an announcement...
It was finally time.

With glistening eyes,I gave them one last smile,took my luggages from them and directly went into the line for the checkings.I didn't turn back again because I only knew how I was controlling my tears.I wanted to be independent,so I had to be strong.
I won't cry as i beleive its the beginning of something good.

The plane was already there.So without further delay,I rushed inside.

Oh god!!please be with me.

And suddenly I knew it was time to trust the magic of new beginnings.

New York...here I come!!!

*******
Well,the story's just getting started.
Hope you all liked this chapter.
Share your thoughts and please drop a vote if you liked it.
Lots of love.
~Pranjal❤