The issue couldn't be avoided anymore. Even then, in order to keep Kayano away from stressing too much, they talked about the recent weather, how fast their school year seemed to shorten, and what they could do once Kayano was discharged. It wasn't mentioned, but the issue did plague everyone's mind, almost always in the back of their minds and right under their tongues.

"We have a whole winter vacation to think. I'm sure we'll get to the root together." The current Kayano seemed almost subdued, if not a little less cheerful and a little more mature than what she once was. Even when acting, some part of her genuine quirks had surely bled into the character she had made, hadn't it?

"Yeah, I'm sure one of us will think of something." Okuda replied.

Right before leaving, Nagisa jolted when he remembered why he originally had wanted to come here. He truly wanted to check whether Kayano was alright, but he also wanted to apologize for the thing and get it all over with. Even if she was consumed by rage back then, it wasn't proper in any way for a guy to kiss a girl without consent.

Kayano was fine with it apparently and their friendship was thankfully saved. Instead, she thanked him and dove into the cover, seemingly embarrassed and tired, but that was all the confirmation Nagisa needed. It had been niggling him at how moral the act had been despite whatever favorable outcome they might've got. He really was glad.

With one of the issues out of his mind, Nagisa could think a tad bit clearer and all he could think of was what they had been learning and what had been learned. Korosensei taught them academic things, sure because that was viewed as the traditional job of a teacher, but he had also taught them how they could be happier living their lives.

Their classroom was the place that allowed him to think assassination as an art than a crime. It was a crime for their morals when they thought only of themselves, trying to get stronger, without acknowledging weaker people. However, the art of assassination encompassed both the beauty of killing and beauty of protecting a life. Both were sublime forms Nagisa admired, but for him, protecting was the ultimate form and that was what he wanted to go for.

His eyes widened, why hadn't he thought of that before? Saving Koro-sensei still was a choice. There was no one who was stopping him yet no one who shared his views. Maybe he could bring it up, propose the idea that had not reached anyone's mind so that instead of killing, they could vouch for saving which was all Korosensei wanted them to understand the beauty of.

But before that, he definitely needed a stable base where the others would be willing to join him at. If he was the only one who wanted to save then no one would really take him seriously and he'd get nothing but pity, but that was not what he wanted! What would the class think of his opinion?

*

Karma knew what had to be done. He had decided already, during the winter vacation, while viewing the snow fall somewhat nostalgically, and he was sure that his decision was absolutely correct. The classroom that Koro-sensei had been working so hard on was falling apart all because of his past. That shouldn't be an issue at all. Despite everything, their classroom was built on the principle of assassination and it would be right to end it with an assassination. No story should stop their march to his death.

Not that Karma didn't feel anything for Koro-sensei. If anything, he had felt that feeling again, the spike of fear digging down his skin, and Karma never wanted to kill their teacher more. Killing, for them, was appreciation- an acknowledgement to the one who'd been crafting a class full of strong and bloodthirsty students. Assassins, actually. Strong assassins that respected how daintily things had been created.

There was never a choice except killing Korosensei. So when Nagisa- that timid little mouse- called them in the middle of the woods, to talk things out, Karma already started to have his doubts. After all, Nagisa had always been an idealist, always so naïve and innocent, he seriously was going to do this, wasn't he?