Prologue

Chatters in the air began to cloud his mind. His fist tightened in the darkness as he stretched his muscles, trying to relax his body and mind. His breaths were labored as his grey eyes glanced around anxiously. Stealing a glance at the opposite side, he harbored a fit of slight jealousy when he saw Tiberius' father adjusting his crooked laces. His fingers shook the minute he heard the second music stopped and the warm spotlight disappeared beneath the drapes.

Sweat trickled down his temple as he adjusted the choker around his neck. His cheeks were heated and pinkish, causing him to tense as he moved his legs, forming patterns for his own performance. He needed to pass this so that he would be selected into the academy. Even though his father owned the dance academy, that didn't mean that they will permit his entry if he failed this. As a plus point, they provided this platform for him to promote his skills and abilities again despite being a talented dancer in his previous academy.

"Remember, you need to earn this on your own," his father's voice rung through his head. "If you are capable, you will be selected. I know you won multiple performances before, but this is going to be a huge turning point. I need you to be confident and prove that no one can stop you from that price."

Biting his inner cheeks, he wiped off the sweat from his temple upon hearing the third music of the team played. His chest heaved at the confinement he had been in for the past fifteen minutes. They reminded him of the abandoned refrigerator he was trapped in while playing hide and seek. Gathering his inner strength, he bent down, tightened the shoes he had been wearing and stood up high.

One last practice – he reminded himself.

Taking advantage of the space around him, his feet carried him away from his stop. His lips hummed the familiar music his father wrote for him. Long, slender arms moved gracefully just like an angel while he skipped a step and continued with those he wasn't familiar with. When the third music stopped, he straightened his back, stretched his body again and at the cue of the music, he stepped out of the darkness, allowing his body to move according to the upbeat rhythm.

"Kristal," a familiar voice shouted from the edge of the room

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Kristal," a familiar voice shouted from the edge of the room. "Your mother is here to see you. She says it's urgent and needs you immediately."

Kristal looked up from his palate of make-up, thanking Tiberius as he pulled over a long thick robe before dashing out of the dressing room. His performance was satisfying and he paid no heed to the results, knowing he totally enjoyed performing on stage like he always did. Taking a turn to the right, he bowed towards a few of the academy's instructors and headed to where his mother had been standing.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Kristal asked with a wide smile on his lips. "Have you seen father? He said he will come and watch my performance. I need to talk to him. Will he be home for dinner?"

Instead of a smile or an answer, he watched his mother's head hung low at his questions. Knowing that something had come up, he held onto her shoulders gently brushing them and bent down to look into her eyes. He saw tears falling out from the corner of her eyes.

"He's gone," she muttered softly. "I'm sorry, he's gone and ..."

"Mom, what are you talking about exactly? He was fine during breakfast," Kristal said, tightening his grip on her shoulders, demanding proper answers. "Tell me what happened."

"I asked him to lend your aunt some money to pay..."

"What? Why?" he cut immediately, upon hearing her words. "I told you not to be involved in their matters! Why did you ask him to go?!"

His fists were tightened immediately the minute, he removed them from her shoulders. His eyes burning with hate while his speech was nothing but the venom of serpents. There was no cure to his words, making them worse than a snake's poison. He brushed his fingers through his neatly combed hair, ruffling them strongly before turning to face his mother.

"Why can't you go on your own?! He's dead now because of you!" Kristal shouted, his fists met the walls of the corridor and moved away the minute he felt his mother's palms on his. "Don't you dare say anything, mom. I warned you. Her husband is equally useless as a piece of shit. No. Worse. Even shits can become fertilizer to my crops. You know they keep borrowing money from us. Now, instead of them losing their father and husband. I lost mine! I get it that you hate..."

"Mind your words, young man!" She screamed, slapping him on his face. "You have no right to talk about your uncle, that way."

Kristal stared at his mother with fire, burning in his veins. He felt his heartbeat rose and heard them beating like a drum, demanding an escape. Taking a step back, he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Yes, yes, I have no rights," he muttered, taking another step back and stopped his mother from following him. "You are selfish. You don't need him, but he is still my father and nothing, nothing will ever make me forgive you about what you did to my dad."

With that, he spun his heels, jogging back to the dressing room to collect his keys. Tears were threatening to fall from the corner of his eyes. His lips quivered before he bit it hard, preventing scoffs to escape from his throat. Packing up his things, he headed over to the room to change into his normal attire and multiple tears fell unknowingly, drenching his own palms. He wanted to see his dad. He didn't want to know the results anymore. They mattered not to him.

He would trade it for his father anytime, but unluckily Death doesn't make deals.

He's gone, forever. 

Word Count: 1058 words 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Word Count: 1058 words 

Cumulative Word Count: 1058 words

Kristal||ONC 2020|| {Complete}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें