Chapter 11

The doctor and ryan turned to yaz  as she shifted. She opened her eyes slowly "yaz!" the doctor said. She walked over to her quickly and pressed her fingers to her neck "I'm fine" she said. The doctor nodded. Her pulse was a little slow but she was awake, that was half the battle. "what happened...?" she asked confused. Graham smiled a little, standing behind Ryan "we got knocked out" he said. The doctor looked up at Graham "one way to put it" she raises her eyebrow. Her and ryan throw out their hands and help yaz to stand.

The little girl who has poured the water earlier came up to yaz with the plastic cup. "here" yaz hesitantly took the water and drank it after been given the ok from the doctor. The doctor kept her hand around yazs waist, just in case she fell or stumbled. She didn't need any of her companions hurting themselves. The doctor didn't pick up the fact that while she was holding yazs waist her thumb slowly was stroking up and down her side, the action didn't go unnoticed by yaz, a blush arose in her cheeks.

"mother, she's getting her colour back" she smiled. The older woman nodded. "I'm sorry... Who are you?" she asked looking at the other people in the room. The doctor stepped back "yaz, this is Regina, Henry, David, Alice and Arthur." she says smiling, happy she was able to remember all their names. "now. Where was I...?" she asked running a hand through her hair. "unnatural" Ryan reminded. Age gasped and turned around "Ryan! Good lad!" she smiled and turned to face Regina, Henry and David standing behind her. "how do you mean... Exactly?" the doctor asked scratching her head.

Regina sighed and sat at one of the seats at the table "there is a tunnel, under this earth, only certain people have access to it. And they are all in this room..." she said. "so. What's the problem?" Ryan asked. Graham hit him on the arm "so, when the sandstorm started, everyone was in the room." yaz thinks she was caught up with everything. "ok, I think I've got everything now" she smiles a little. "wait... Doctor, before. When we was outside, you said, that  can't be..." she frowned a little. Ryan nodded "yeah... What were you on about" he asked. The doctor kept on brushing yazs side with her thumb, even though she was feeling much better now. "they're human" she said. Graham frowned "but... This is an alien planet, right doc?" he asked.

"look. We can figure out what's happening here, I can help you, but you have to trust me, and I'm going to need my ship" she turned around and looked at her three mates. Fear dawned on each of them. They knew that she meant they'd have to go back, back through the hot weather, the remnants of the sandstorm, and then out of the dome, to the ice and snow. Well. Maybe yaz would get the joy of watching the boys fall through the ice instead.

The doctor turned around "who's ready for a journey" she grinned a little, her eyes lingering on yaz a little longer than necessary.