Chapter 9

Ryan let out a little laugh before running to the doctors side. "ok. Tell me... Doctor. That doesn't just happen does it?" he asked, looking from the beach, to behind him. The doctor looked turned around in a circle "no, I don't understand. Maybe a force field barrier protecting it from the cold, maybe a switch. Maybe..." she went of rambling and Ryan slowly backed away.

The three companions walking side by side, a look of confusion on everyone's face "how long is she Gonna be like this?" Graham let out a little sigh. Yaz laughed "as long as she wants, probably as long as it takes her to figure out" she shrugged, she Had always admired how the doctor just went off on a little rant. She loved it. "yeah... Let's just hope she doesn't go poking around too much" Ryan frowned.

They all looked at each other and ran after the doctor a little before she could get too far ahead. They stopped after they climbed a small grassy hill, the sun high in the sky, making them sweat. They all stopped, seeing wooden cabins, little huts and tents all around, the doctor couldn't exactly see a layout but it seemed like a home. Well, a home to the small people she could see. "it looks like a tribe..." Ryan said. Yaz let out a snort "remember that time in school when we dressed up and ran...." she managed to get out, slapping Ryan on the arm. His laughs echoing over her story. The memory coming back to him all too well. Graham unfortunately didn't have a clue what they were talking about, he shrugged at the doctor and stepped next to her." so... What are you thinking doc?" he asked. "I...." she pointed her sonic screwdriver up towards the blue sky before hearing something drop behind her.

The doctor turned around "yaz?" she asked running up to her. Ryan was holding her up, her eyes quickly shutting. The doctor grabbed her wrist and checked her pulse, it was normal, she was fine. That's when she saw it. The dart in her leg. She bent down, pulling the metal out of her leg. "sedation dart" she said, scanning it with her sonic. "but.... That can't be" she said confused. What was this race doing on a planet, a strange planet.

Her pondering thoughts stopped, coming to a holt as she heard a high pitched scream, she watched as Ryan fell to the ground, no one to catch him, yaz falling on top of him. The doctor was worried, more of the girlish noise that left his throat. She turned around, it wasn't long since yaz had been shot, then Ryan, surely whoever was knocking them out was aiming for them. She grabbed Graham and pulled him out of the way. To no avail, the dart hit his back, piercing the leather coat as if it was nothing but cloth, a thin fabric. The doctor, lucky for him, caught Graham and lowered him to the floor.

She stood up, her eyes narrowing. This was clearly an ambush. Maybe even planned. She didn't know if it was violent or just precautionary, but she didn't like her friends being attacked. Even if they were out of the cold. She felt a prick in the side of her neck, she immediately grabbed the dart and shoved it into her pocket. She felt her senses get weaker, her reactions slow. At first it was like being drunk. Whatever these people were doing, their sedation darts were a lot stronger than usual for them just to be having a chill.

The doctor slowly fell to her knees, the two hearts struggling to keep up as the liquid flowed through her. She saw people hiking up the mountain, some in winter gear. Some in shorts. Before her mind could process anything, she fell unconscious.

Now joining the others as they lay on the grass, unresponsive.