"No one can take this away from us. Not even Norman. And it wouldn't have happened if not for your work on the neural-web. It was the key to everything! Observe." Having to manually turn himself around while the arms in turn maneuvering around Peter flawlessly with no bumps or bugs or shortages of any kind, the delighted kid inside was left laughing in amazement yet again.

But that smile quickly faded when he saw what Otto meant: the neural interface needed to fully operate the arms and mentally control them was already latched to the back of Otto's neck.

"Wha—wait, it's already on you? Shouldn't we run a few more tests first? There's so much we don't know."

"Nonsense. I already ran some on the neural interface. Take a look at the pad."

He couldn't say no. He just couldn't refuse. But who knows? Peter thought to himself. Maybe Otto has figured it out after all and I'm getting riled up over nothing. Am I cranky again? He was right on one account and wrong on the other.

Turns out he was a little cranky.

Unfortunately, what he found on the tablet past the traditional introduction logo made Peter's heart skip not one, not two, but three beats. Otto had not taken care of the technical infrastructure involving the neural interface, all of which became glaringly obvious from the first stage of diagnostics on the intercranial. There was a Motor Cortex error and yet the puzzle is already completed - incorrectly - so he needed to fix it.

Feeling more sweat building up from his arms and forehead, Peter swapped out the straight circuit for an angled one just above the start, and bypassed the +3 voltage circuit entirely, went right instead, and placed a -2 voltage circuit in the first slot, snaked his way up and left to put a -1 voltage circuit in the next slot. Finally, he angled up to the +5 voltage slot to reach a comfortable voltage of 2.

With the circuit completed correctly, he hoped that would be an easy fix.

The poor fragile homo sapien couldn't have been any more wrong. With the first stage marked as a critical failure, things got a lot worse - another Motor Cortex has problems. The next puzzle was also completed wrong, and required Peter to adjust the voltage again.

"No no no no no, it's worse then I thought."

So he removed all the unbolted panels and this time made a turn upward at the start to ignore the +4 and +2 voltage circuits. Instead, he went up and placed a +5 voltage circuit, then went right to hit the two negative circuits, adding two -1 panels each. Now he could go down and left to the +2 voltage circuit to reach that target voltage of 5.

Stage 2: Critical failure.

Even then, as he reached Stage 3, it was like he was at the point of no return. Nothing was getting any better—The voltage is too high again and the further Peter progressed, the quicker the spike was cascading. Now he was uncertain if he could actually fix this.

But it wouldn't stop him from trying. So he had to go along the right side to use a -2 circuit panel on the right side, before looping back down and left. You also need to avoid the +5 circuit panel, and instead go left around it and place a +4 circuit instead, so that the target reaches a voltage of 5.

Stage 3: Critical failure.

The good news: that's about all he could do.

The bad news: it STILL was not nearly enough to stop what could happen to poor Doctor Octavius. The nasty side effects of the neural interface it was showing ranged from dangerous to deadly to point blank career suicide. Results showing voltage spikes were marginally low as far as technicality but neural errors and personality alternations skyrocketed in percentages. Probability of seizures was as high as 38.7%, short term memory loss as high as 40.4% and long term memory loss as high as 62.3%.