Reflection

For once, Peter actually had some time to spare from no longer being as mentally overbooked as he had been the last few hours and days. With some of the people and allies closest to him turning against him or losing faith in him gradually, it continued to eat at the back of Peter's brain. The last thing he wanted was for the same thing to happen between him and Otto because God knows he's practically already on thin ice with him as far as attendance and dependability is concerned.

Worse case scenario is him having to make another excuse as to why he was late and then him getting fired again.....like he didn't suffered through that enough from the past five years. If he's lucky, at least he'd get back to doing what he likes best - doing science!

Rushing in through the front door, he's quick to toss the vacuum seal of his suit into his raggedy old backpack before shamelessly throwing it into the bathroom, making sure he'd avoid the toilet. His aim and accuracy had been off since the fight with Li, for the bag barely hit the bowl on the way down. He couldn't keep up with today for much longer and his crankiness was beginning to show as he entered the lab, lab coat and social attire in tow.

No less than a minute and a half later, out comes Otto with some special equipment: a dark green magnetism bodysuit lined with a black polymer, along with round welding goggles. But he also cane along with a big fat smile plastered over his face underneath that grey follicle beard and two coffee mugs.

Hopefully, this meant just as good news as he described earlier.

"Peter, my boy. I-I couldn't have done it without you", he stuttered surprisingly, the sheer joy over what he had accomplished showering him with gratitude. Peter appreciated this fully, but it still left him confused on what he exactly meant. He looked to the back of the lab and noticed the arms were gone.

Vanished.

"Wait, where're the arms?"

The only response he got was the ever familiar fat smile from Otto, as two long mechanical arms, comprised of black polymer slithered out from behind, attached to his lower back via a harness. At the end of each claw were two sets of four sharp claws, the larger of which are tipped yellow and were set for use under normally intended purposes while the much smaller set was used for more precision-intensive actions.

Needless to say, this left Peter utterly dumbfounded. "Oh....my....god....."

"We have done the impossible, Peter."

The left tentacle stretched out, grabbing a bottle of whisky pouring it into their mugs. "These powerful arms are linked to an Intra-Cranial neural network. Neuro-Transmission speeds under a single nanosecond. Faster than signals travel inside the human brain. Never mind to an external prosthesis."

Translation: a result, the arms functioned as if they were part of Otto himself. They possessed superhuman strength and durability, rapid movement, omnidirectional motion and would allow Otto to scale almost any surface. To his credit, it reflected exactly what he planned to achieve with this project on perfecting advanced prosthetic limb technology: they've grown beyond that.

Improved.

Evolved.

Maybe even.....perfected it.

"We did it Peter! We finally did it!", the giddily smile refused to leave Otto as he inches his mug towards Peter. The two shared cheers for this hopefully delightful monumental achievement and needless to say, Peter was still ecstatic how far their collaboration paid off. At this stage, what his Aunt always told him came to pass once again: you help someone, you help everyone.

Today, he had the opportunity of witnessing his kindness and intellect rub off in the best of ways.

"Doc....this is Amazing...."