The O's

Finally, letting EDITH take a reprieve so Peter himself can take a reprieve, one too many kaleidoscopic emotional thoughts were chugging along in his mind seconds within seconds of each other. Now didn't feel like the time to take a break to check on Otto OR stop for dinner. In fact, it WASN'T the time. But the way Otto sounded, he felt more happier than he was supposed to ever since Norman cut his funding.

It did make him wonder whether or not he had his job back.

Only to figure that out was to visit the man upstairs himself, Otto Octavius back at Octavius Industries....or whatever's left of it, because based on what Peter saw upon entering the doors, he couldn't help but notice all the new equipment and boxes centered around the lab. If anything, Peter was amazed by how busy his 'former' boss had been busy since their funding was cut.

"Otto?", he called out, leaving his lab coat in the corner to collect more dust since the last time in weeks since he wore it.

Over here, Peter.

Peeking over the table covered by more boxes, Otto finally came into view, fidgeting around with an object that wasn't well put into frame. All it told Peter was that he was occupied at the moment but not too busy. It left him back, glancing over the abundance of new materials stored all around shop, Slight optimism was blinded by a sense of skepticism, following just how much Otto had and how far he thought his head was gonna go. My god. Look at all this stuff. It was nice to be prepared for the next phase but there is such a thing as being over-prepared.

"Uhh, hey. Where did you get all equipment?"

I called some old colleagues of mine, set in every last favor. Took out a few loans too but for the first time in weeks, it's like we're starting over again. Only THIS time, it's going to be a hell of a lot different.

Peter came over at his position to see their robotic arm motionless over the edge of the table, instead he saw two present. Just following a major upgrade, both arms were bigger, looked both bulk but sleeker in its design and mobility. Slight whirring from Otto's side barely rattled Peters state of mind....up until what he said next. "Norman cutting our funding motivated me enough to reprogram an upgrade for those arms and we're just getting started, my boy. You see.....I think we've been looking at prosthetics from the wrong perspective. It had me thinking: 'Why restore people to what they were....when we can make them BETTER?'

This was the Otto Octavius Peter loved to see: optimistic, adventurous, unfazed by the limitations of failure as long as there was always a chance for more exploration in the face of adversity. The tone in Otto's voice sounded so positive, it was the first time in a while Peter so him so eager. "So...." Gripping the remote controller he was tweaking up aside the slightly rusted prosthetic arm, he asks "....you ready to witness the new generation to human kind?"

"As I ever will be."

Otto switched it on and shifted the arm upwards, rotating the wrist and joints accordingly before extending the arm up to it's highest reach.

Shortly afterwards, he flicks a switch down on the remote turning the arm down towards the table as it reached for the coffee mug......only for the wrist to twitch and sputter frequently as the arm sadly began to spike again.

"No....No No no...." He wouldn't stop here. He refused, not when he was so close to getting SOMETHING done that would mean something. Yet his hands fighting against the stiff yet slippery controls told another story despite him getting just enough leverage to have the arm grip the mug by its fingertips. No sooner does the cup raise a few feet off the table does the arm short out and the controls conveniently lock up again.