Chapter 20- Bonus Chapter

Cade's P.O.V

Age 9:

I sat at the Yellow Table alone, coloring my picture of a wolf. Xavier and his friends say at the Blue Table, laughing about something. Nothing new, just Xavier being perfectly perfect and me being the loner I was born to be.

"Cade! Why don't you come and play with us!" Xavier shouted at me.

Yeah, just so you can rub your perfectness in my face?

"No thanks," I answered softly.

Xavier hasn't done anything bad to me, but just him being himself is torture enough. Though I was the older brother, I was forever living in the shadow of my baby brother. Sure, he might seem nice to me, but only I know what a bad person he was.

One day, I'll show everyone that I'm better than him. While doing that, I'll destroy his life.

Age 17:

I stood in the deserted corner of the room, watching my brother charm the whole female population. He was too perfect. Perfect grades, looks, intelligence, even our parents liked him better. They may treat me exactly the same, but I know that they were secretly disappointed in the failed twin. The air reeked of sweat, alcohol, and sex.

Finally, my only friend came over.

"Whatcha doing Cade?" Her melodic voice rang.

"Nothing. I have something to tell you," I was finally going to tell her that I liked her. She was the only person who understood me.

"Shoot."

"Well, I've known you f-."

Xavier's voice rang through the the air.

"Riley! Cade! Why don't you hang out with us? We are playing truth or dare!"

"Wait a sec!" She turned back to me. "What were you going to say, Cade?"

My idiotic brother ruins everything."Oh, nothing. I just wanted to tell you that you left your textbook on my desk. I have it in my book bag."

"Oh! I was looking for that! Why don't you come play with us?"

"Oh, I'm tired. I'm going to read a little bit."

"Oh, well see you around Cade!" She ran off to be sucked into my brother's charming ways.

There goes the last person who understood me.

Here you go! A little peek into Cade's past. As you can tell, the traumatic past that some people may have guessed he had was all in his head. Cade's just not right in the head. Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for reading!

-Mack