⊱⊰ 61: Where the Waters Don't Meet ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

Arisa agreed with the boys, remembering the difficulties they had looking for the Master of Earth in the North American Empire. As a quick silence fell, Arisa thought of the areas the team could start their mission. But as she tried to imagine how big the underwater world was, she couldn't help but feel a bit unmotivated.

As she attempted to come with an idea, she remembered the conflicts between the islanders and the people of Maré. Something switched on in her mind.

"I think we should start looking for it in that place where the waters don't meet," suggested Arisa. "There must be a reason why there is a phenomenon in that specific area."

"It's a good idea," said Garoh. "It could be that the division of those waters is due to the Master's powers. We should check it out to confirm."

The team agreed with him. Arisa curled her fingers, hoping that their guess was right. It would save them a lot of time if the Master was actually hidden there.

"So you really want to explore that area?" asked Rayanne.

Garoh nodded. "It's the only choice we have right now."

"But that place is heavily guarded by soldiers who have the ability to control sound," she said, her tone concerned, "it won't be easy to access there and you may be killed in the process."

When the red-haired lady mentioned the soldiers who could control sound, Arisa remembered the young merman that was supposed to guide them in this world. She could still feel the chills she felt when he used his ability to scare away the sea creature that attempted to attack them.

"We're Guardians," said Kazuya. "We can handle them."

Arisa glanced by her side and saw the confidence in Kazuya. She smiled. It had been a while since she last saw his overconfident side.

"So," said Thelma, breaking the few seconds of silence, "any idea where this place is? The sooner we go there, the better."

"From here, it will take more or less an hour to reach it," said Rayanne. "That's with a ship. It will take several minutes more if you ride one of our turtles."

Caris gazed at the Rayanne. "Doesn't the community have a few ships? We can use one of them."

Upon hearing Caris, Arisa realized that when they reached this side of the city, the only transportations she saw around here were the dolphin-like creatures and the turtles. She hadn't seen any signs of ships or buses.

"Those ships are old models and may have a technical problem during the trip," said Rayanne.

"Technical problems? That's nothing for the future mechanical engineer here," teased Thelma, pointing at herself. "As long as it takes us there, we don't mind if it breaks in the middle of the way. I'll take care of that."

Rayanne tilted her head. "If you say so. I'll talk to the people in charge of them to lend us one."

Thelma made a positive sign with her thumb as Rayanne stood up. Caris attempted to follow her before Arisa told her to wait.

"What is it?" asked Caris quietly.

Arisa gazed at Arielle, who seemed to be a little down. Arisa then looked back at Caris.

"We weren't the only ones that had something to tell you," said Arisa.

Rayanne's eyes widened as if realization had struck her.

"Ah, right, we almost forgot," said Rayanne, returning to her seat.

Everyone's gaze fell on Arielle as soon as Caris sat back on her seat. For a few seconds, Arielle looked thoughtful before she exhaled and looked at Caris.