-

"No, no, absolutely not" her husband yelled angrily. "You can't expect me to agree with this, it's absurd"

"Honey, just think about it"

"No. Do you know how crazy you sound? This girl broke into our home, threatened our children and you want her to live with us? She's a scam, she's a misfit. We don't know who she is or what she's done. She can bring harm to our kids for all we know"

"Exactly, we don't know. But we can try. Maybe she needs help."

"We can't save everybody Leanne"

"No but we can save two. Dean, those girls have gone through a lot and maybe, just maybe we can give them a good life even if it lasts a couple of days." Leanne begged "Honey, children are not supposed to live through the things they have."

Dean was pacing back in forth, slowly giving in to his wife.

"Why? What is it about those two that makes you want to do this?" he asked her "Are you bored with our children?"

"Of course not. Honey, you know I love the kids but it's something Sara did that day. The entire night was sketchy. I have been thinking about it over and over again and I still can't put my finger on it."

She passed her fingers through her hair.

"Why were they beaten up? Who would dare hit children? Why did she have a gun? Why did she give me money for helping her? There are so many questions that have been bothering me since then"

"But it's not our job. We have our family to care about"

"One week Dean. Just one week and if it does not work out we stop"

Dean sighed. He knew he couldn't say no to his beloved. Sometimes he hated how much a big heart she had.

"Fine, but only if Carly and Ben say yes" Leanne squeaked and jumped into her husband's arms.

"I will take full responsibility of them and I promise they will not hurt our family" she whispered in his ear. She kissed him deeply. "I love you"

"I love you too"

That night at the dining table Leanne brought up the subject to her children. She explained the situation and asked them if they were willing to accept. At first both siblings were against it.

"I don't see why it's our duty to help them" Carly spoke "I remember what happened two years ago"

"Carly, it's just for one week. These girls have been through hell. I think we can give them a break. It's just for one week; if you don't want them around after that I will lead them out of the door."

"What makes you think she's not going to hurt us? Hurt you? Mom, she had a gun"

"I think it's ok" Ben said.

"What? Ben, these girls are trash, they probably plotted the whole thing so they could steal from us"

"Sweetheart, listen. Imagine your dad and I died and you were stuck alone on the street with Ben and the last we ever asked of you was to protect your brother. What would you do?" Leanne asked her daughter.

"Protect him"

"And how far would you go to keep him safe?"

Carly didn't answer the question because she knew she would have done the same thing as Sara. She thought about it long and hard before giving her answer.

"Okay, but only if they don't do anything stupid"

Leanne smiled at her children. "I will make sure of it"