Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Justin's POV:

After my meeting with Jewel, I walk to a nearby mexican restaurant that I go to regularly.

"Hi, welcome. Table for one?" The hostess had bright pink eye shadow all over with no transaction shades. It was all over her lid and brow bone.

"Yes, how are you?" I asked, following her to my table.
"Great, thanks for asking." She was walking towards the back of the restaurant.

"Here's your table." She set down the menu and began walking back to the hostess stand.
I began to skim the menu, immediately going to my favorite dish, a chicken enchilada with a side of rice and beans.

I put the menu down and begin scrolling through Instagram, not paying attention to my surroundings.

"My name is Violet and I'll be your waitress today. Do you want anything to drink?" A waitress said, tapping her pen to her paper.

"Oh, sorry, water please." I put my phone away and laugh awkwardly. My heart was beating out of my chest and I started to sweat. I took a napkin and began to wipe my forehead.

"What's going on?" I mumble, hoping no one could see what I was going through. A few moments later, Violet came back.

"Have you had time to decide on something to eat?" She asked, with pen in hand.

"Enchiladas, please." I smile to hand my heart beating out of my chest.

"Great." She walked away back to put the order in. I walk shakily to the restroom, my feet becoming unsteady. I manage to make there without incident.

Julia's POV:

The sun hot as hell and my stomach growls like lion. I take out my phone to find nearby restaurants. There was a Mexican restaurant that was closest to where I was.

I see Justin walking out as I walk in. We make eye contact as we pass each other.
"Ma'am? Ma'am." I hear someone yelling, their hand in my face.

"What?" I snap back to reality, blocking their arm from my face.

"Table for one?" She asks, her face is neutral.
"Yes." I say, following her, debating whether to punch her in the head or not. I decide not to get a felony and avoid going to prison.

"Thank you." I smile boldly, taking the menu from her hand, without harming her. I read the menu while a waitress came by to take my drink order.

"Hi, I'm Violet. What would you like to drink?" She said, leading into me.

"Um, just water." I shift uncomfortably, wanting to get away from her. She brings back the water.

"Have you decided on what to eat?" She asks, flipping through her notepad.

"Um, tortilla soup, please." I hand her the menu, after she is done writing down my order. After fifteen minutes, I get my food and drink. I was starving!
My phone buzzes. I look at the caller ID.
"Hey...." I say, slurping my soup, finishing it off.

"Hi, Julia. It's Justin." The other person said.
"Hi J. I forgot I gave you my number." I laughed a little. People were staring at me.

"We should go on a date." He said, matter of factly. I was shocked.
A/N: That's the chapter! Don't forget to comment if you liked it. Voting works too. Thank you for reading.