Chapter 2 - The Fall of the Eggman Empire

Following the battle of Angel Island, Amy had delivered the injured Tails to a nearby bunker, there he can get the rest and treatment he needs in order to recover from the huge crash he took inside the X Tornado. Tails instantly fell asleep when he was laid down on the soft, comfortable bed. Sonic and the others watched over Tails, not entirely aware of how much damage he took and hoping for the best.

Knuckles sighed to himself, feeling bad about what happened to Tails and knowing he could've prevented his injuries from happening, "This is all my fault. I could've saved him and not just myself. God, why am I so selfish?"

Amy rested her hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him, "This isn't your fault Knuckles. Besides, there wasn't much you could've done anyways."

"Amy's right," Sonic agreed, "and on the plus side, Tails is a tough kid, he'll pull through, I just know it." Knuckles nods his head in agreement.

Soon afterwards, Tails wakes up after being asleep for about an hour. He looks around for a moment before noticing Sonic, he then calls out his name very quietly and Sonic walks over to him. The rest of the gang joins him. Tails sits upright and looks at Sonic, "did we get 'em all?"

"We sure did!" Sonic responded, giving a big thumbs up.

"Yeah, we kicked ass!" Vector intruded.

Tails rubs his head and exhales. "So what we do now?" he asked.

Sonic gives a big smile and says, "Tomorrow we will raid Eggman's base to finally put an end to his villanous reign. We won't have to deal with him ever again."

Tails too gets a big smile on his face, "That's a great idea, with how many defeats he's taken over the years, I'm surprised he hasn't been taken out yet."

"Well tomorrow will be the day it finally happens," said Sonic, "so, get your rest, you're definitely going to need it for tomorrow. Matter of fact, we all will. So let's all rest up and when tomorrow comes, the Eggman Empire will finally come to an end."

As Sonic celebrates their victory and prepares themselves for tomorrow's attack, Eggman recieves word of his defeat and it visibly infuriated. He absolutely explodes with intense anger, as this past defeat pushed him towards the brink of insanity. He started throwing and breaking inanimate objects in the room including chairs, robot parts and even one of his minions, Cubot. He shouts many obscene expletives and eventually starts sputtering incoherently, the burning passion of hatred and loathing for the blue hedgehog had consumed Eggman, turning him from a mad man to a psycho within a matter of mere seconds.

He eventually stopped and sat down to have a breather. He was panting and perspiring heavily due to the destruction he had just caused. He began thinking about all of the times Sonic had bested him, trying to recall at least one time he was successful in his battles against Sonic and his friends, but unfortunately, he could not think of a single moment where he had been. His anger quickly turned into self pity and depression and he crossed his arms and turned away from Orbot and Cubot, who were staring at him in shock.

Orbot and Cubot looked at each other for a moment, trying to sympathise with their master. They had not only felt concerned for Eggman's mental stability, but for their own lives as well. Just like Sonic and the others did earlier, they too wondered if Eggman was going to disband his Empire. Meaning they could very well be scrapped if he does.

After some contemplation, thinking that the Doctor didn't want to be bothered right now, Orbot approached Eggman, "What do we do now, Doctor?"

"I don't know," he responded, "for the first time since I met that hedgehog from hell, I honestly don't know what to do."