Guilty Conscious & A White Rabbit

Start from the beginning

Me and Marshall both get paid basically peanuts when it comes to tips, usually people skipped out on even paying anything and our boss barely paid us minimum wage.

I sighed closing my eyes trying to shake my doubts it was times like these where I wish I still had my brother and Courtney in my life.

But my brother was dead, and Courtney..

I shook my head trying to regain some of that positivity back from earlier but it wasn't easy.

The door opened and in walked Marshall carrying some bags in his hands and I was immediately confused, where did he find the money to buy groceries?

"Hey Clarity." He said closing the door behind him.

"Hey." I said looking between him and the bags.

"Look I uhh I wanted to apologize for leaving you alone at the after party, and for being hung over." He said reaching in the bags and pulling out a small box of chocolate covered strawberries and a white rabbit that said Happy Easter.

"Sorry I found the easter bunny at the Salvation Army, couldn't find a teddy bear that said Happy Valentines day, and they were to expensive at the store soo.." He explained.

My mouth dropped open as I completely had forgotten today was valentines day. That would explain why there was so many couples at the restaurant tonight.

"Marshall you didn't have too-"

"Nah, I wanted to, here." He said handing me the gifts.

"Marshall we're supposed to be saving." I said frowning but accepting the gifts anyway.

"Yeah but its alright to splurge a bit." He shrugged, "Plus I guess its our first valentines day as a married couple." He laughed.

A tired smile spread upon my lips as I nodded, "I suppose it is." I laughed. "But I didn't get you anything." I said looking up at him a bit guiltily.

"Its cool." He said waving it off.

I sighed hating not being able to return the favor so I immediately went up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

I knew I caught him off guard cause he almost jumped back and tripped over the extension cord that was plugged into the alarm clock.

"What was that for?" He asked trying to keep the smirk off his face, but he was failing miserably.

"Happy Valentines Day Marshall." I said giving him a smile, not a tired one, not a half one, not a small one, but a full one.

His eyes widened as he struggled to find words, he settled on a nod and a small smile as he cleared his throat to erase the awkwardness.

"Well..I'm gonna go hang out at Proof's you wanna come?" He asked. "His girlfriend having some type of party, not a valentines day party but just like a dinner." He said.

"No its fine, you go ahead, i'm exhausted from work." I confessed.

He looked a bit disappointed but nodded, "Its alright, get some rest and Happy Valentines Day." He said leaving the room and leaving me with my strawberries and a cute white rabbit that actually reminded me a lot of him with those ears, and teeth.

I looked at the bunny and thought for a second, "I think i'll name you Marshall."

-

Marshall's P.O.V

As I left the room I touched by cheek, I could still feel where she had kissed me, and that smile she gave me.

I never really seen her smile before, at least not like that, but damn I swear that smile makes even the aurora lights look dim.

No, what was I thinking? 

Me and Clarity had absolutely nothing in common except our last names at the moment, we were simply using each other to get to a better situation, nothing more and nothing less.

As soon as we got our loan and could afford a new place we would separate and hopefully I could get signed to a label and start making music.

At least that's what I kept telling myself all the way to Proof's house, but that image of her smile was burned into my mind.

And I wasn't sure I wanted it to disappear.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guy's happy valentines day!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter let me know what you think!