"You're definitely something, I knew it when I first saw you."

"Stalked me you mean?"

He shrugged, his penetrating gaze not leaving my face. I realised that I knew nothing of this man, or his reason for being involved. I wouldn't really have given a damn in most circumstances, but given that I was stuck here, with no idea yet on how to get out, my curiosity got the better of me.

"Why did you do this?"

He tilted his head to the side, biting the inside of his cheek, clearly in thought about whether to bite or not.

"My reasoning doesn't matter." He said cockily, rising to his feet and strolling off to the side, returning a moment later with a metal framed chair, which he positioned in front of me the wrong way round.

He sat facing me, his arms folded on top of the back of the chair, his legs on either side.

"I've always been on the wrong side of the law, it's one of those things that happen easily where we grew up."

I picked up on the way he said 'we' and wondered if we'd ever crossed paths somehow over the years back there. But I couldn't remember having met anyone with those eyes.

"What difference does it make, who I work for, or what I do. A job is a job."

"A job? Ruining people's lives and nearly killing people is just a job to you?" I half shouted venomously, truly disgusted by the man in front of me.

"Yep." He replied, sounding bored.

"You're pathetic."

He smiled at me, and I found myself longing to punch him.

"Aaron?" A man called from somewhere outside the room.

"Well this has been fun Athena, but you'll have to cope without me for a moment." He said, rising from the chair and walking in my direction.

So his name was Aaron. I made a mental note of it, just in case it should be of any use. As he went to walk past, I turned towards him, hatred bubbling within me.

"Oh, Aaron?" I called out.

He turned towards me, and I spat at him, a sharp sting to my lip alerted me to a cut reopening there, but I didn't care, I was too busy taking the comfort from feeling a tiny ounce of satisfaction as it hit his face.

"That's the closest you'll get to gratitude. Don't hurry back." I finished coldly, watching him smirk as he wiped the back of his hand over his face.

As the sound of his footsteps grew distant, then vanished, I began to pull at my wrists again, wondering if I could somehow get free and run. Judging by how they'd left me alone in here, I presumed they were very sure of the fact that I couldn't get free, or that they'd see in time to stop me. I subtly looked around again, and there they were. Three small webcams were set up on the surrounding concrete pillars, all of them trained on me. So that was the way they were playing this. I could imagine them sitting there watching me struggling to get free. I hated the idea of being their entertainment, but at the same time, I knew it would look suspicious if I didn't attempt anything. I pretended to be looking towards my feet, and moved my legs up and down, making out that I was trying to figure out how to break free. But I knew there was no use in that, instead, I kept looking around the room, searching for any possible weak spots. I sat back up, wriggling in my seat, rolling my shoulders whilst I checked out the windows, wondering if there was a way to get up there and out that way. I slumped back as my limbs weakened and I figured out that there was seemingly no route that I could take.

I wasn't sure how long they left me alone, every passing second felt like an hour. I was in pain and I could taste the metallic bitterness of the blood from my lips. I had no idea what other injuries I had, from the memory of the crash, I was aware that I was lucky to be alive, and definitely lucky not to have a broken arm or leg. I was desperate for a drink, and preferably some pain relief, but I was never going to beg for that from my captors.