"Are you mad?" Minho chuckled on his own jokes. Jisung on the other hand, was a complete mess. "You are so funny when you're disappointed. I can't believe I'd take you on a second date."

Jisung tilted his head in confusion. "We've dated?"

"Haha..." Minho wiped his tears of joy. "Do you not remember us watching a movie and kissed at the end of the day?"

"Nope." Jisung shook his head. "When was this?"

"Next weekend."

You smooth ass motherfucker, Jisung cursed loudly in his head, he didn't realize that he had dropped all the substance inside the nail polish tube from his lap.

Jisung's face was red as tomato. However, he collected enough bravery to gaze Minho's eyes in a serious manner. He pulled out his pinky and showed it directly to the older's face.

"Boyfriends it is."

Minho grinned happily, connecting his pinky to Jisung's slender one. Together, they tightened their fingers as they formed a weird shape. "Boyfriends it is, Sung-ie." Minho cupped Jisung's side profile, admiring God's work for a full minute. He wanted to kiss the boy again, but Jisung swatted his naughty hands away.

"Not now, you thirsty bastard." Jisung untangled their pinky as he left the room with a mask on to prevent virus transmission.

Now Minho was sitting alone inside Jisung's dim bedroom. Jisung's soft eyes were now replaced with the ecru coated wall. The sunset radiating from outside the glass window illuminated the room, beautifully tinted the bland wall and made it look absolutely astonishing. The beautiful sight reflected on Minho's eyes, coloring his iris. He was glowing for the first time in forever.

"Find someone that will make you happy. Find someone whose lips taste better, the one that makes you crave for more. It doesn't matter if it's a she or he."

"Looks like I've found the apple of my eye." He gave himself a proud smile before banging his body on the mattress for the sickness to attacked him so randomly.

It took him years to find his perfect love. Hopefully he won't let it slip away like last time, because it only takes a second to lose everything he had achieved.

┉┉

"So it's true? You guys are finally official?"

Jisung scratched the back of his head, face tinted in different shades of red color. "Shh! You know I'm still not used to the term dating, so would you please calm down and be the calm and collected Eunwoo you are..?"

Eunwoo couldn't contain his excitement to the point he dropped the broom.

"Are you kidding me? I have to tell Bambam. I bet he'll jump off the window and still be happy." With that being said, Eunwoo jolted away from his little boss to complete his mission: telling Bambam the chronicle of Minsung.

It wasn't even a minute and Bambam was already running to Jisung like his life depends on him. Jisung was mentally prepared for whatever's going to happen at this point.

"Step on me!" Bambam slammed Jisung on the ground. Eunwoo was following from behind with a pair of earplugs.

I'll have to buy earplugs soon before I suffer more, Jisung mentally noted.

Bambam was sputtering either nonsense or incoherent wishes and, furthermore, 100% horseshit. Jisung was positive that his symptoms were getting worse, thanks to the unsupportive neighborhood.

Jisung was beyond happy. He was grateful for everything that happened. He didn't regret turning down Eunwoo's offering and choose the conservative way of walking home.

Simplicity makes the most complex outcomes in most circumstances.

Jisung entered the bedroom with a tray of healthy snacks. Eunwoo had persuaded to help him, but he rejected the kind offer nonetheless. He wanted to be an independent young man, and the best way to be an independent young man is by practice.

Jisung kicked the door open for its not locked within or outside. He expected the sick boy to be asleep by now. Howbeit, Minho was far from being asleep. He was feeling fresh like a freshly baked lasagna about to get eaten.

He was welcomed with the beautiful voice of Minho's singing.

"Rock a bye baby, gently you swing. Over the cradle, Mother will sing. Sweet is the lullaby over your nest, that tenderly sings my baby to rest~"

Jisung continued the song. "From the high rooftops, down to the sea. No one's as dear as baby to me. Wee little hands, eyes shiny and bright. Now sound asleep until morning light..."

Minho finished the song beautifully. "Rock a bye baby, on the tree top. When the wind blows the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks the cradle will fall. And down will come baby, cradle and all."

Jisung handed the tray of healthy snacks to Minho, which he gladly accepted. "You like the song so much, don't you?" He picked one of the snacks on the tray, putting it inside his mouth. "I happen to like it either."

Minho asked, "Do you know the meaning of the song?"

"Yes, I do." Jisung ate another snack. The snacks turned out to be delicious, much to his surprise. "The lyrics are scary, thinking it's supposed to be a lullaby for babies. But the intention is for mothers to pour their worries away to ease their burden, so they can relax for a bit. The song itself turns to be a healing song for mothers."

Minho nodded. "Yes. A mother just wants the best for her child, therefore she would do anything to protect her child. All the sacrifices are worth it at the end of the day, at least that's what people said."

Looking determined, Jisung assured him, "Of course it's all worth it." He. played with the loose bedsheets. "Mother told me that."

Minho noticed the younger's change of attitude. Without wasting another time, he hugged Jisung so tightly to his chest, protecting him at all cost. Jisung could hear the sound of Minho's heartbeat. It soothed him like music.

Jisung didn't know for sure, but there's something about Minho that reminds him of someone, a certain individual. Maybe that's the reason he liked him so much. No, it wasn't a mere liking, it was love. He was certain.

┉┉