Build My Dreams (Sergio Ramos/Marcelo Vieira)

For all the Madridistas out there c;

[Addie.]

Packing the last of our things, we hauled our luggage into the taxi awaiting for us outside our apartment. My attention turned to the car that screeched to a stop down the block. An angry man stomped outside, yelling at the other guy who nearly got hit. I was so happy to be leaving this place. Cosette nudged me on my rib cage, forcing me to tear my eyes away from the scene. She gave me an annoyed look before ushering me into the taxi with her. She always hated being late. Cosette was one of those punctual people. (Something I rarely was.)

Cosette Jenkins, and I, Adalinda Thompson, were on our way to Spain. Madrid to be exact. We finally raised enough money on our own to move somewhere far away from New York City. Both of us hated the town, what with all the homeless people thrown on the streets, prostitutes you see every night, and the constant crime. It was just somewhere we didn't want to surround ourselves in. No, we weren't married, dating, or related. We were your normal case of best friends moving in with each other. Of course, we only moved in the city for our college. Now that we've graduated, we were ready to leave this god forsaken place.

Tucking my brown hair behind my ear, I stared out the window for my final views of this city. It was early in the morning, and traffic was still about. Every two seconds, we would advance forward just the teensiest bit. Already, I was in a bad mood. Drumming my fingers against my knee, I shook my foot impatiently. My sweats were the only thing keeping me sane. Since we were going to an airplane, and going to be there for awhile, I dressed comfortably. Unlike Cosette who was in skinny jeans, a cardigan, and all.

"Patience is a virtue." Cosette said as she placed her hand on my knee, stopping my movement.

"Shut up. I'm not in the mood woman!" I snapped at her, though she knew I was joking. Rolling her eyes, she put her earphones back onto her ears, and listened to her music. I chose to save my battery, so my phone was tucked away in my purse.

A couple hours later, we made it to the airport. Thankfully, we had some time to spare after everything settled down. I bought myself some brunch at a nearby Starbucks, inside the airport, and took my seat next to Cosette. She was busy braiding her dark brown hair. On her lap was a new eyeshadow case from Sephora. It surprises me you could buy them at a vending machine. (Along with iPods, earphones, and such.)

"So how long do you think it's going to take?" Cosette asks, finishing up her hair. My shoulders shrug in reply, as I continue to eat my scone. I was starved. A twenty three year old needed her food! "Filipinos are such fat asses!" She murmurs quietly, looking at my frappé, and my cookie.

"Shut up Cosette." I stick my tongue out at her in a childish manner. Out of the both of us, I'm the immature one. Yet I was the oldest by a couple months. Which meant that she was still twenty two.

"Make me Addie." She remarks. People calling me by my actual name, was too weird for me. There was just something about the name I didn't want everyone saying. That's why I made everyone call me 'Addie.' Everyone got accustomed to it. (Besides, I personally think that Adalinda was a handful to say every time.)

Our flight was called to be boarded, and we were the first to get on the plane. Cosette and I slept through the entire ride to Spain. Which was pretty damn long. Once we got off, the first thing we did was stretch our legs, and buy some food. Our apartment was already paid for, all we really needed was a ride to our place.

"Fuck, we need some jobs." Cosette announced as she tried to hail a cab. Airports were so overcrowded, I hated them. It was ridiculous how many people were here. I was sitting on our luggage, making sure nobody tried to take them. A creep came up to me, talking in Spanish. I looked at them weirdly, and shook my head.