38. Gaining Strength

Start from the beginning

"S-Sorry about that...I was just thinking about...some things..." I nervously said slowly.

"..."

"I...um...brought you some flowers...! I hope you like them," I said as calmly as I could without shaking my voice.

I lied to him.

I actually didn't bring flowers or anything.

I just...wanted to continue the conversation...

Luckily, I had creation magic so I created the prettiest bouquet of flowers I could make behind my back to give to him.

"...Thank you," he said awkwardly.

"Yeah...it's no problem..." I replied with also an awkward tone.

"..."

"..."

After that, there was a terribly awkward silence in the room.

Ace didn't have anything he could tell me...while I had everything that I wanted to talk to him about.

...But...even if I said anything...Ace would've become more confused than he already was.

And...I didn't want him to be confused or upset...

"...How have you bee-" I tried to say.

"Who are you?" he asked, interrupting me.

It was like a thousand needles were piercing my heart one by one.

That's right...I never told him who I was...

The moment I realized something was wrong with him, I immediately contacted my father and he eventually landed into the hospital before I even told him my name.

"...I'm...I'm C-Cordelia...It's nice to meet you..." I said as tears welled up in my eyes again.

I hate crying.

Crying makes me feel so weak and powerless.

So...Why am I still crying...?

I wiped my tears away again for the last time.

"It's nice to meet you too, Cordelia," Ace said with a soft smile.

.

.

Two Months Later

.

.

"Are you crazy?! No! He's not going to school with me anymore! I can't do that to him!" I yelled as I smashed my hands onto the table in front of me.

"Cordelia...I understand why you're upset...but even though Ace is missing most of his memories...he's still currently the strongest being in Silverbell right now...and he's still your familiar..." the king said with a sympathetic look.

"He's not missing only most of his memories! He's forgotten everything! He doesn't even know that he's a dragon!" I said loudly as I pointed out the obvious facts.

For some reason...Ace wasn't able to go back to his dragon form anymore.

He was still as strong...still had his magic...and still had dragon blood flowing through his veins...but...

...In summary...Ace had no idea that he was actually a dragon.

He probably thinks that he's always been a human.

"That's irrelevant...The only purpose of him going to school is to protect you," Uncle Gloria spoke without hesitation.

"He's not only my familiar...he-"