VI.

"I wanna see your spaceship the moment the race is over," Watto told Qui-Gon as he, Jar-Jar, and Mya walked around looking at the different Pod's.

"Patience, my blue friend" Qui-Gon told him as they stopped walking. "You'll have your winnings before the suns set. And we'll be far away from here."

"Not if your ship belongs to me, I think, huh?" Watto chuckled. "I warn you, no funny business."

"You don't think Anakin can win?" Mya already didn't like Watto, but his dought on Anakin's ability pissed her off. 

"Don't get me wrong, no," Watto tilted his head from side to side. "I have great faith in the boy. He's a credit to your race, but, uh, Sebulba there is going to win, I think."

"Oh no!" Jar-Jar went into a state of fear with just hearing that name again. 

"Why do you think that?" Qui-Gon asked him.

"He always wins!" Watto justified. "I am betting heavily on Sebulba."

"I'll take that bet," Mya spoke before Qui-Gon could, taking a step towards the flying pest.

"You what?" Watto stopped chuckling looking very serious. 

"Mya-" Qui-Gon tried to stop her from doing anything reckless. But it was in Mya's very nature to be reckless. Plus, it may be cheating, but at least she knew how this would end. 

"I'll wager the new Pod for Anakin and his mother's freedom," Mya tried to look very serious.

"No pod is worth two slaves, not by a long shot," Watto scoffed.

"Fine how about the boy, and if I lose you get me," Mya upped the stakes to something she knew he could never resist.

"Huh?" Watto said rubbing a chin. "You would put yourself up as a slave for a bet? Huh?"

"No she won't," Mya was under Qui-Gon's careful watch while on this planet. He was the one who had taken her with him, to begin with. Qui-Gon wasn't about to let her sacrifice herself in such a way. 

"Yes she will," Mya's jaw clenched together. She had Watto right where she wanted him and she wasn't going to back down now.

"How about this" Watto tried to figure out a way this could benefit him more. He pulled out a dice cube from his pocket. "We'll let fate decide, huh? I just happen to have a chance cube here. Blue, it's the boy. Red, uh... his mother."

"Deal," Mya spoke faster than Qui-Gon yet again. 

Mya watched as Watto rolled the dice across the hard sandy floor. Her eyes glanced over slightly to see Qui-Gon stick his hand out slightly causing the dice to land on the blue square.

"You won the small toss, outlander, but you won't win the race! I shall have you working by tomorrow!" Watto grumbled in pure anger at the large smirk across Mya's face. He flew away muttering to himself.