XXXIII.

Mya was running around her apartment gathering up her things for the day when a ring came at her door.

"Come in," Mya called out to whoever was there. "Unless you're a serial killer!"

Obi-Wan chuckled as he entered her spacious home. "And what would you have done if I was one?"

"Probably just screamed," Mya laughed as she walked over to give him a quick hug. "It's good to see you again."

"You as well," Obi-Wan peered down at her. "All of you for that matter."

"Yeah," Mya placed a hand on her bump. "I went and got myself knocked up."

"May I was who the father is?" Obi-Wan had an idea in his head.

Mya was about to say Anakin, because thats what her husband wanted her to say after all. But things had changed since that conversation as Anakin had become more paranoid. It wasn't wise to let that cat out of the bag just yet. "I wish I could tell you, but I don't remember who he is. One too many blue drinks at the bar one night, but I think he had blonde hair."

"I see," Obi-Wan nodded his head. "Are you heading out? Did I catch you at a bad time?"

"No, I have a minute to chat," Mya told him. "But I assumed you came for more than just asking about my future child."

"Yes, I did," Obi-Wan sighed. "I assume you have spoken with Anakin since his return back as well."

"I have," Mya nodded her head. "We're very close... friends."

"Yes and that's why I was hoping you could help me," Obi-Wan looked distressed about something. "He's... I fear something is happening to him. I know he's been under a great deal of stress and Lea pointed out some things to me. I just... I wanted to see what you think."

Mya didn't know how to respond to that, because she didn't want to get Anakin in any sort of trouble. "Anakin seems to me like he's just trying to find his place. Most young people don't know what they want to do. I myself went from fighter to politician. Just give him a bit of time to relax and try and figure himself out."

Obi-Wan nodded his head. "I see your point. Thank you for talking with me, I don't want to hold you up from your duties."

"Yes it's no fun when I can't scream at idiots this early in the morning," Mya smirked.

"Always the same Mya though," Obi-Wan chuckled. "Might I escort you out?"

"Yes of course," Mya took his kind gesture.

***

Lea knew her time in the capital could not last that long. It hardly did these days.