Interlocked Fingers

Start from the beginning

Jennie on the other hand was furious. Furious at her parents for even thinking about doing this. Furious at their competitors for attempting to sink their business. Furious at this fucking plan. Furious at herself for not pursuing Chaeyoung before all of this because if she just grew some balls then none of this would even be a problem. Jennie was furious at everything. She was furious because she wanted this marriage to be real.

Chaeyoung had the same thoughts running through her mind but she wasn't furious. She was scared. Scared to be in a one sided marriage. Scared to be, once again, be looked into a microscope by the whole country. Scared of the consequences of her not telling Jennie how she felt before the plan even came into existence. Scared of how Jennie would react if she knew her true feelings. Chaeyoung was scared of feelings, the feelings she desperately tried to hide from the older girl for years. She was scared to fall and find that Jennie wouldn't be there to catch her.

Ignoring everyone's inner turmoil, Mr Park continued explaining things. Jennie can still report to the university on the daily and use her office there as her main one since it has an advantage in regards to security and location. It was closer to Chaeyoung. It would be logical for the two to be close to each other in proximity since they will get married in 6 months.

"You two can share the office if you would like. It would make sense so that you two can spend more time with each other like you used to when you were younger."

At the corner of Jennie's eyes she saw Mrs Park and her mother share a look and it made her furrow her eyebrows and stare at her mother.

"Sweetheart, you two are both of legal age and are betrothed to each other. We thought it would be best if Chaeyoung started living in your house so you two could get comfortable with each other." Mrs Kim stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

Mrs Park gave her daughter a comforting smile. "Dear, you should move in with Jennie. Spend time with each other and get comfortable in your home there. I'm sure Jennie has plenty of space for your things, honey."

Hearing this, Mrs Kim gave out a hearty chuckle. "Oh that's no problem! I've seen my daughters cave and it's so barren. It would definitely need a woman's touch!"

Jennie groaned in embarrassment and covered her face with both her hands. The parents were chuckling at the girl and so is Chaeyoung. Well that definitely lightened the mood at my expense.

Jennie glanced at the younger girl to ask for some sort of help from this embarrassing topic but she was confused when she saw the younger girl glance at her left hand with a huge pout on her face making her chipmunk cheeks protrude.

Jennie realized they've been holding hands throughout lunch and her hand does feel empty without Chaeyoung's hand in hers. So without hesitation, Jennie once again slipped her hand over the younger girl's and interlocked their fingers tightly together.

Perfect.

The younger girl snapped her head towards Jennie, almost giving herself a whiplash at how fast she looked at the older girl. Cheeks heating up she saw Jennie look at her so softly with so much endearment. She realized she just got caught glancing forlornly at her palm. It felt empty. Having Jennie's hand in hers was so natural to her.

Both girls then locked gazes forgetting there were other people across the table.

Seeing this interaction, both pairs of parents smiled at each other. In triumph and in relief. Maybe just maybe it wasn't so bad of an arrangement after all.

Mrs Park then cleared her throat, gently coaxing both girls out of their trance. "You know girls, we wouldn't protest to having a grandchild in the next year or so." Both fathers chuckled and nodded in agreement to this.

Jennie's jaw dropped and her eyes widened at what she just heard. Her cheek turned impossibly red and she couldn't believe what she just heard. On the other hand, poor Chaeyoung somehow, even though she didn't drink water this time, coughed on her own saliva, her face looking like a bright red tomato.

Both girl's minds were basically swirling with inappropriate thoughts about each other and it was not a good thing to think about that in front of their parents, who bluntly suggested that they would like for them to create another human being. A human being made by the both of them.

Innocent Chaeyoung continued staring at their intertwined fingers, since staring at Jennie wouldn't help calm her furiously beating heart. Still deep in thought. She just couldn't get it out of her mind. Sure she was a virgin and she still hasn't had her first kiss yet, despite the line of men and women who have made moves on her.

She felt hot. She didn't understand it.

Images of a smirking Jennie on top of her whispering sinful things in her innocent ears while she laid on Jennie's bed, their bed.

Oh my god, calm down Park Chaeyoung.