Chapter 148: LK VI

Start from the beginning

Wu Jing Ge waits for me at the table. Standing in front of the Tuan Jie Sect disciple, he looks like a child with the most entitled attitude, fighting when he wishes, inducing violence as it fits his agenda.

"Why do you think I am the one who annihilated Crimson Snow Valley?" I wonder.

He says, "That immoral Luo Na Li harbored a lover, deserted her sect and secretly gave him the Star Gem! She later went back to seek revenge against her own Master. You're going around saying her name like she's some martyr. That is such a dishonor to Crimson Snow Valley."

"So you think I'm this secret lover of Luo Na Li? You think too highly of me. Besides if I did have the Star Gem and did eliminate a whole entire Immortal Sect, don't you think you should run?"

"What-- You think I can't kill you?!"

"You think I won't kill you?"

"You-- You just wait! I'll have my senior come and fight you!" He runs off.

Wu Jing Ge comes to my side. "It's not wise to let him bring anyone else from Tuan Jie Sect. Perhaps you should give it a rest with the good deeds."

I smile watching the young disciple run off scared. "You know Na Li Jie was manipulated into killing many. Although she didn't know who she was killing, it was her blade that ended life. I worry that her soul will not be appeased in the afterlife, so I must do good and attribute it to her. It's the only thing I can do for her now."

Wu Jing Ge remains quiet, and we continue on traveling.

Outside the city, the night looms over our path. The trees stretch to the sky. Only sounds of nature surround the forest. No sight of humankind.

"Help me!" A woman screams. "Someone help me please!"

Wu Jing Ge and I both run off the path toward the voice. We run into a woman dressed in loose robes. The white silk seductively slips off her shoulders, her pale leg is revealed. She doesn't appear to be hurt anywhere.

"Miss, are you all right?" I ask while cautiously taking another step.

She falls on me, hugging me closely. "Please help me, good sir! There's a demon in these woods! It took my brother."

I grab her shoulders and look at her face. Even her face was as pale as the moon. Her pink lips puckered out and her perfect eyebrows raised high as if mimicking fear.

"Where did this demon take him?" 

Slowly, she points up.

My eyes follow her bony finger to the tall branches. 

It's that Tuan Jie disciple!

He ran off earlier to retrieve his senior to come kill me but now he is trapped in what looks like a circular web. His limbs are spread apart, stuck on the sticky strings. He looks alive with another white string wrapped around his mouth. 

"Lu Kai, watch out!" Wu Jing Ge warns.

The woman suddenly shows her true form. Eight spider legs reach from behind her to grab me. I quickly step back and draw River Sound. 

Wu Jing strikes her with his sword but misses as she jumps onto a tree and climbs up to the branches. 

We look around in the dark for her to attack. The Tuan Jie disciple starts to squirm and squeal, attempting to break free. I look up and see the Black Widow Demon crawling closer and closer to him. Only her lower half depicts that of a spider with long black legs. Her face is no longer pleasant as more than ten dark eyes form on its surface and long fangs hang from her mouth.