17: Genie

Tzuyu

I wandered my eyes around to look for Sana. She called me earlier and asked me to pick her up so I rushed my ass in here because she sounds like she's drunk.

She said she will go to her friend's birthday party but I didn't expect the party to be this wild. Everyone was hyped up in this house, some are dancing and some are drowning themselves with alcohol.

I just wish that she wasn't in that state when I find her.

I just have to look for a girl with a ginger coloured hair, she sure will stand out because of that. I tried to look at the pool and there's still no trace of her.

I was busy looking for a drunk Sana when my phone rang and flashed the name of my engineer. I tried to find a quiet place before answering it and I came upon an open underground basement so I made my way down there.

"Hello Sanha?" I finally answered the call before the ring died down.

"Are you busy?" He asked, maybe he heard how I'm almost out of breath. It's suffocating in here, the crowded people that smells like alcohol. It sure is breathtaking, but not in a good way.

"Kind of. What is it?" I questioned his agenda, maybe it's about work.

"Nothing. I just called to inform you that the blueprint you sent is here." He said, probably pertaining about the blueprint of Sana's house that I've been working on for the past few months.

"Oh yeah. Let's discuss it tomorrow at lunch in the Retro."

"Okay sure. I'll hang up now, continue to do what you're doing."

"Thanks Sanha, bye." I said and he hung up.

I was about to go back outside to look for Sana, but I heard a familiar voice coming from the end of this basement that I'm in.

"Let me go dumbass!" A squeaky familiar voice shouted. It was Sana, I'm certain. So I ran to get to where the voice is coming from.

Is she getting molested right now? If yes, I'm ready to beat the hell out of that bastard. I looked behind the shelves to look for her until I reached the end and saw her there—alone.

I looked around to look for a third party but there weren't any. She was just alone here with an old stainless kettle on her hand or maybe her hand inside the kettle?

"Sana-chan what are you doing back here?" I asked and checked her right away if she's hurt anywhere.

"I was about to go home but genie won't let go of me." I furrowed my brows and looked at her.

"Who's genie?" I asked and she pointed at the kettle where her hand is stucked at.

"Genie." She seriously said and I can't help but let out a chuckle.

"Is that why you're hand is stuck there?" I asked and she nodded cutely while pouting her lips.

"I tried to force him out but he stucked my hand inside instead and now he isn't letting go. It's frustrating." She said as she shaked her hand with a kettle and cried like a baby.

"Okay I'll help you, don't cry okay?" I said and she nodded like an obedient kid.

"Why did you even tried to force him out?" I said as I tried to twist the kettle carefully with my right hand and used my left hand to hold her arm, I tried to figure out how to pull it without hurting her before I make a move.

"Because he's not fulfilling my wish." She answered as I successfully pulled her hand out of the kettle.

"What did you wish?" I checked her hand that had a red mark around her wrist. This must've hurt.