Chapter 16: The End Of One

Start from the beginning

It's true. I'm scared of this thing. I've never felt this way towards a guy before. To a girl, yes. But this is a complete differeny matter. I don't know how to act, or what to do. I like to kiss Noah. I don't want to analyze my feelings for Noah. He's a complete asshole, with an ego size of a land of USA. Noah is still in his disguise form. I really don't know him, other than the fact I know his name. Nothing else.

He hovers his lips against mine, barely touching, and I feel the sudden urge to slam my lips against his. I can feel my blood rushing through my veins, making my heart pump with an unknown speed. It's a plus that my heart knows how to calm down. The last thing I want to happen is, my heart to have a malfunction.

"God, what's happening with us?"

"I really don't know, Noah."

He pecks my lips softly and the heat creeps up into my cheeks, making it hot. The heat radiates around me and I feel suddenly hot. Noah's smirk is not helping. Nervous. That's what I'm feeling whenever I'm around Noah. He tells me we need to go back in our classes so we head inside the school casually, like what happened earlier didn't happen at all, like the kisses we've shared are just part of a wild, vivid dream we are sharing. This feels surreal. This feels like everything is just a figment of my wild, crazy, wide imagination.

Never have I given a thought about kissing a man; much less my step-brother, Noah. Are we just in a phase? Are we just experimenting, to confirm our sexuality, to know who we are?

+++

Another day at school and we are comforting Ashton. His mom just died from cancer and all we can do is to comfort our little friend. We've never thought that, on the outside, Ashton masks his face with happiness plastered across his angelic face, to hide the pain and the problems of his life. His father made me go him to his school, said that it would ease off Ashton's mind. How can you ease your mind off when it can't stop thinking things?

He has been really quiet these past few days. He seems lifeless. Ashton just keeps sobbing and sobbing. We are at the roof of the school. Kaila and I are on either of his side, rubbing his back. John isn't helping too. When we were walking on the senior's hallway, Ashton put a happy face and talked to John. As expected, John gave him a cold shoulder. We were ready to knock the shit out of him when Ashton stopped us from doing so.

Ashton stops crying, the gush of wind makes his hair fly. He keeps wiping his strained puffy cheeks as he looks at a far distance. His eyes are full of sadness. Kaila leans down and hugs Ashton, still rubbing his back. Ashton stands up and brushes the dust off of him and tells us that we need to go back to class as the bell rings.

When we reach the hallways, John gets out of the senior's hallway, and when his eyes land on Ashton, he immediately frowns. Ashton, as usual, puts a fake smile on his face and tries to tease John, making sexual comments about him. John gets pissed.

"Fuck off, faggot." John snarls at Ashton. Ashton ignores John's bad comment and flirts with him. "Jeez, your mother must be hating you right now." That's when Ashton freezes, his face falls down and his fake smile turns into a sad one. His eyes start watering and he blinks, trying not to cry. He bolts. Kaila screams, running after him.

"Great," I say sarcastically, throwing my hands up in the air. "Some asshole you are. Can you not involve his mother in any statement you're going to say?"

"It's not my problem," he snaps back at me, glaring daggers. "I must have hit a jackpot because he cried."

"Yeah," I say, growling. "You hit a jackpot. His mother just died of cancer. And you saying his mother must be hating him right now is fucking very wrong!"