"Stop what?"

"Thinking. I know how you work, and I won't let anything happen to you. The pack, our pack, won't let anything happen." I nodded. Still not entirely soothed, but as my Dad would say, there was no point counting your chickens until they hatched. Zeke moved to stand behind me, his hands gripping my hips.

"Relax." He whispered, running his lips along the length of my neck. I shuddered from the feeling, the bond wrapping around us seemed to hum in relaxation. I leant back into him, coffee cup placed on the table and worries forgotten.

He smiled against my neck, gently running his tongue over his mark. Heat rushed from the action, coursing through my body and pooling between my legs.

"Such a good girl for me, always ready." My wolf preened in my mind, rolling over and exposing her belly. She loved his approval more than anything.

"I'm going to bend you over this table, and I'm not going to stop until the maps are soiled from your juices." I moaned, the dirty image forefront of my mind.

"Yes well before we soil tables with juices there are more important matters at hand." Beta Dion's voice broke the spell. My eyes flew open to see him leaning against the door frame casually, his grey eyes firmly pinned to me.

"Not that I don't understand, fuck I haven't had the scent of a woman's arousal in years." He breathed out, his wolf making a small appearance behind his eyes, wanting to see as well. The comment wasn't creepy or grimy, it was just Dion being a man and reacting to a natural call.

It didn't matter I had Zeke's mark. My scent would only become off-putting to other unmated males once he bore my mark too. In wolf terms; I was only half unavailable, so my scent was still appealing.

My cheeks flared in embarrassment, while Zeke simply grumbled something under his breath that sounded a lot like 'dickhead.' I stepped away from Zeke, trying to put space between us and distinguish the arousal between my legs.

"What's so important that it couldn't wait for me to make my female finish." Stepping forward to be behind me again, his solid length pressed against my lower back. My arousal flared again.

"It's from Diesel, there's been a she-wolf found at the border."

All thoughts of arousal extinguished like a cold bucket of water was thrown over me.

"Where." I demanded to know, my wolf paced inside our mind, she wanted to find the female, make sure she was ok.

"Diesel has her in holding."

"Take me to her." I demanded. Dion looked at Zeke for approval. "Now." I growled. Dion nodded.

We crossed the ground briskly, heading toward the Eastern border. My wolf urgent to see this Female. To protect her. A few minutes of walking and we came across a small grey brick building. Two guards stood at the front door. They were quick to straighten themselves once they saw us approach, one moving to open the door to allow us entry.

We walked through the short door. The landing room was small, and the only thing it contained was a set of stairs that went deep into the underground. Torches lighting the way down. It was clear they had spared all expense when constructing this place.

I took in the dismal place quickly, a growl leaving my lips. Why had they brought her here? I looked at Zeke, my annoyance clearly painted on my face. His jaw tensed, knowing he would be getting berated later.

We descended the stairs quickly. A hallway sat at the bottom, with cells lining each side. The cells were sealed rooms, only a door with a small gap at eye level that contained bars of silver. Dion went to the first door on the left. Opening it with a set of keys in his pocket.

I was the first to walk in.

She was huddled in the corner. Her frightened frame shivering with her knees tucked into her chest, she hugged herself tighter when we walked into the room. My gaze shifted to Dion, I sent him a staunch, knowing the absolute fire behind my eyes. He knew I was severely unimpressed and he swallowed under my glare.

I turned back to the small female, only to find her staring at me. She quickly averted her eyes, shifting to my left were they landed on Zeke. She seemed to become more terrified as she took in the mammoth size of the Alpha standing in the room, and the smell of her urine quickly floated in the air.

I turned to the men behind me, "You both need to leave." Zeke opened his mouth, about to argue. I narrowed my eyes, he closed his mouth. Once him and Dion had left, gently shutting the door behind them the she-wolf seemed to tremble slightly less.

"Hi, my name is Cecil. What's yours?" She shifted as I came closer her eyes firmly planted to the floor. Not offering any possibility of a challenge. She didn't respond.

"Please, I only want to help you." I kneeled down, still giving her a circle of space. Trying to show I was not imposing any threat.

We sat in silence for a pregnant pause. The only sound in the concrete cage was her heart thudding rapidly. I gave her time. Not wanting to freak the poor girl out any more than she already was.

"Serenity." Her voice shocked me, it was shaking so heavily I was surprised she had managed to get the whole word out unbroken.

"How old are you Serenity?" I still didn't look for eyes, wanting to seem as unhostile as possible. She swallowed before responding.

"19." I nodded.

"I want you to come with me Serenity. We're going to get you cleaned and fed." Serenity seemed unsure to move. I rose slowly, offering her my hand.

"No one will touch you while I live. I swear it by the Moon Goddess. You will be safe." She hesitated, before unfolding her knees and slowly rising, not grabbing my offered hand. She was a small she-wolf, only around 5"7. She was also ridiculously thin, malnourishment had left her practically void of all muscle or fat. She was nearly a walking skeleton.

Her clothes were rags, torn and aged, she didn't even have proper footing. How she had survived I did not know.

My scanning halted on her wrists. The skin had been rubbed raw, it was discoloured and bruised. My heart clenched at the sight, she had been tied up for a long, long time. And the one question floated around my mind.

How had this poor female got here.