XVII - At least it's not me this time

Something's not right. Peter's spidey sense is off the charts. And the way you just ran off like that? Admittedly it does seem like something you would do. Which probably means something bad is about to go down. Whatever it is you're about to do, there's no way in hell he's going to let you do it alone. Cautiously, he looks around. Barely, he catches a glimpse of you slipping out of the back door.

Without any more hesitation, Peter races out of the gym and down the hall for his suit, carelessly tossing aside his tie and jacket in the process. Running faster than he ever has before, Peter races out of the school and throws on his Spiderman suit.

"Hello Peter," Karen greets him. "You seem like you're in a hurry."

"Yeah something big's happening and I think Y/N is a part of it!" Peter explains, jumping onto the roof of the school. Quietly, he crawls over to the back and peeks over the edge. You're there. Surrounded by those men in white.

"Yeah this was a fucking terrible idea," You're saying. Despite the situation, he chuckles a little. God he loves you so much. Which is why he can't let anything happen to you.

"Karen, can you get a read on these people?"

"No, sorry Peter. There's no record of any of them anywhere. But there is something odd about their DNA."

An image of a double helix pops up in front of Peter's eyes. But he doesn't have time to study it, or care what Karen has to say. Two of the men in white grab your arms and begin to drag you away. Immediately, he shoots out a web at one of them and yanks upwards. He goes flying across the street. Peter does the same with as many others that he can.

From down below, he can see your lips moving in a blur. It's almost like you're putting up a force-field around you, just barely keeping the men at bay. It's so interesting, so alluring watching you work that Peter doesn't hear someone sneak up behind him. At the last second, his spidey senses kick in and he kicks backwards, sweeping the legs of his attacker. They fall off the roof, but don't hit the ground. Just disappear into thin air.

"What the hell!" Peter exclaims.

A hand clamps down on his shoulder. Quick to react, he grabs the hand of his attacker and webs it to the roof. He turns to see just as many men in white surrounding him as the ones attacking you. But he will not be overtaken. Peter shoots webs out at each of them and wraps them all together. For a moment, he thinks he has won.

Landscape shifts. Ground becomes sky. Roof becomes wall. Disorientation wracks Peter's mind and he stumbles, nearly falling off the roof. Someone grabs his arm and rips his hood off. They toss it into the wind and it flutters to the ground.

"Ah, so you're the spider." It seems to be several voices talking at once. Awesome! But also terrifying.

Shaking the dizziness from his brain, Peter struggles against his captor. Wildly, he shoots webs, some hitting but most of them missing the target. What's happening to him? Why does everything seem so unreal? He doesn't get much longer to try and fight back. Acrid scents waft between his nose. Before he realizes what it is he's breathing, everything goes dark.

---------------------------------------------

"Alright," you venture, raising your hands in front of you, "let's talk about this."

You know Peter is up there, protecting you. He's already taken out a few. But there are still three left and you can't fight them off with your fists. So, you resort to the only thing you know has worked thus far; speaking. Thickening your voice once more, you begin to coerce your attackers into staying away from you. Not surprisingly, it works. But somehow, it is more powerful than before. Something tingles in your fingers, and you swear you can see something silver rippling in front of your hands. Like you've just spoken a force-field into existence.