Then Yoongi let out a resigned sigh. "Sorry, Jin hyung, you're right."

"I know," Jin grinned, taking Namjoon by the hand and skipping away happily.

"Jinnie hyung's weird," Jungkook mumbled, standing up from their table as well. "And hyung," he added, looking at Jimin. "Check your phone."

Jimin frowned as Jungkook walked away, Taehyung and Hoseok chatting behind him.

"What was that about?" Yoongi asked, curious.

He shrugged. "Dunno." He took a glance at his phone, feeling it buzz in his hand.

kook can't cook:
the arcade would make a cute date. it's a bit cliché, but whatever.

i hope you and yoongi hyung have fun :p

Slipping his phone into his pocket, Jimin stood up. "Should we skip?"

"Skip what?"

"Skip class. I wanna take you somewhere," Jimin grinned. "Right now."

Yoongi didn't hesitate at all, beaming at the sudden suggestion. "Really? C-could we?"

"That's what I'm asking you, Yoongs," Jimin laughed softly.

"Let's do it then," the older said, excited laughter bubbling up in his throat. "Let's skip."

<3

The two of them managed to sneak out of the school building through the back doors of the lunch room.

They made their way around the school to the student parking lot with breathless grins on their faces. Jimin had driven them both to school that morning, so he sat in the driver's seat, Yoongi sitting in the car soon after.

"My little troublemaker," Jimin cooed, an adoring expression on his face as he watched a pretty blush dust his boyfriend's cheeks, his gummy grin on display.

"So where are we going?"

The younger hummed, thinking. "Well . . . first, you need food."

Yoongi opened his mouth to protest, but Jimin shook his head. "Yoon, you haven't eaten at all today."

Yoongi let out a quiet sigh, leaning back into his seat and shutting his eyes. "I-I know. I just--" He hesitated. "Something small though, please? I-I'm not-- I don't really want to--"

"It's okay, baby, I'm just worried, that's all," Jimin said softly. "If you aren't up to it, we can just get you something tiny."

"Okay," the older agreed, "Let's get food, then."

<3

They had ordered a small container of onion rings for Yoongi, as he insisted that he wasn't hungry, though the quiet rumbling of his stomach told Jimin otherwise.

Sitting at the table, Yoongi absentmindedly played with the wrapper of the straw he'd just put in his water, scrunching the paper up into a tiny ball before unfolding it again.

Jimin sighed, taking an onion ring out from the container and biting into it. Yoongi looked up at the younger, sensing his movement, before quickly looking away.

He set a napkin in front of the older, placing three onion rings on the paper before stopping to peer into the container. There was a tiny onion ring, a little bigger than the width of Jimin's finger. He let out a quiet laugh, holding it up to show his boyfriend. "Yoonie, look at this. Isn't it cute?"

Yoongi grinned softly, taking the onion ring between his fingers to get a closer look. "It's so small."

"Eat it," Jimin said.

Yoongi quickly handed it back, a frown on his face. "You eat it. You found it first."

"Because you weren't eating any," Jimin reminded the older.

Yoongi looked down, suddenly feeling a bit ashamed of himself. Ashamed of himself for choosing not to eat. It wasn't even an entire meal, Yoongi thought to himself, just three small onion rings.

Sensing Yoongi's discomfort, Jimin offered the boy a comforting smile, taking Yoongi's warm hands in his own. "I won't force you to eat or anything, of course, but-- it's just that you've been neglecting yourself, and I want to be there for you when you can't be there for yourself. I love every single part of you, your flaws included, and I want you to too. I say this all the time, and I'm going to keep saying it because my opinion will never change-- you are absolutely perfect just the way you are, and I need you to see that." Jimin sighed. "I love you, Min Yoongi. I'm in love with you, with everything about you. Please, don't change yourself because you don't feel good enough."

"You're going to make me cry, dumbass." Yoongi laughed quietly, feeling his eyes water. "I-I love you too, Jimin. I love you so, so much, and I--I'm not good at expressing my feelings, but I want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life. This is probably not the best time to tell you this, seeing as we skipped school, hid in your car in the student parking lot, and are now eating lunch in a random diner," he laughed again, "but I-- I can't imagine a life without you. I honestly can't. "

Jimin gently brushed the pieces of hair falling into Yoongi's eyes to the side, tucking whatever hair was long enough behind his ear. "Neither can I," he murmured in response, leaning across the table to press a soft kiss to the older's lips. Reaching over to take the baby onion ring they had "fought" over earlier, Jimin stood up, Yoongi giving him a confused look.

"W-what--"

Jimin got down on one knee, holding out the little onion ring, his eyes sparkling with tears-- happy tears. "I want to grow old with you, Yoongi."

Yoongi's eyes were wide, mouth held open in a surprised 'o' before he broke into a watery grin. "You idiot," he chuckled, wiping his face to catch the tears that already began to fall.

"Promise me we'll be together until the end," Jimin whispered, "that we aren't just silly teenagers falling in love. Promise me that it'll be you and me forever."

Yoongi nodded softly, tears stinging at the corners of his eyes. "I promise. I can't imagine it any other way."

Jimin stood up with a little smile, reaching for Yoongi's hand. "Do you think it'll actually fit?"

Yoongi shrugged, laughing as Jimin successfully slid the ring onto his finger. "So, we're getting married now?"

The younger nodded. "Yeah, we are."

Yoongi paused before mumbling, "Can I eat it now?"

Jimin just laughed. "Please don't, you look cute like that."

"I'm not cute," Yoongi grinned before sticking the ring in his mouth.

<3

this chapter was one of my favorites to write

also one of my longest, but whatever :)

qotd: what is the container you put fries in called (or onion rings lol)?

I STRUGGLED WITH THIS QUESTION AND I ACTUALLY NEED HELP, IT REALLY MESSED ME UP

i hope you all have a wonderful day/night :)) my laptop's about to die fml i was supposed to study today sbjhsbsj

but aNyWaY, thanks for reading <3