06. Emergency

[name] was bored to death as ever since the appearance of the demon slayer marks, the Pillars were tasked to conduct a Pillar Training in order to allow the other demon slayers to obtain their marks as it was deemed to enhance strength and speed which is much needed for the upcoming battle.

[name]'s training was to be the very last, after Kyojuro's training for durability in any situation. [name]'s training was said to be the toughest as she would be training them according to their senses. She would train them in the dark, followed by an extremely noisy situation, followed by the lack of being able to maintain their balance.

The training is split between the Pillars. 

First, the Sound Pillar, Uzui Tengen conducts training on basic stamina. Then, the Love Pillar, Kanroji Mitsuri handles flexibility training and the Mist Pillar, Tokito Muichiro, deals with the quick movement training.

The Snake Pillar, Obanai Iguro, then focuses on sword skill revision, followed up by the Wind Pillar, Sanemi Shinazugawa, who handles pounding training and finally the Rock Pillar, Gyomei Himejima, who trains muscle reinforcement. 

Insect Pillar, Shinobu Kocho does not take part in the training.

It was the very first day, so [name] decided to walk around the training grounds, and there see she's the demon slayers going through Tengen's training. She hid behind the trees and smiled as he held a wooden sword and started to beat their fellow demon slayers.

"WHO SAID YOU CAN REST! MOVE IT! YOU'RE NOT EVEN DONE!" and [name] giggled. Soon she saw Tanjiro and Inosuke running, and eventually, they passed Tengen's training. [name] then noticed some of the demon slayers were struggling and she shook her head. Dressed in her uniform, she appeared running behind them at a slow pace.

Tengen then noticed her and an idea came up to his mind.

"Whoever Akane-san passes, will have to add 100 laps!" and [name] looked at him as if he was crazy and then she shrugged her shoulders and started to run a bit faster.

"NO, AKANE-SAN!"

And [name] had caused about 3/4 of the demon slayers having to run an additional 100 laps. She then squats down as she looked at the panting demon slayers and smiled.

"If you can't pass his training, I don't think you can survive my training," she spoke and then stood up, walking away.

"I thought Akane-san was the kind one!"

"AKANE! LET'S PRACTICE!" a shout was heard and [name]'s eyes widened when she saw Kyojuro standing right in front of her, their noses nearly touching.

"O-Okay," she choked out, frightened by the sudden closeness.

.

.

Demon Slayers soon gathered, and Mitsuri wondered why nobody had come to her training yet.  She soon noticed the huge crowd in front of the training grounds where Kyojuro was holding his session, and curiosity got the better of her. She got to the front and noticed the other Pillars were there as well.

"What's going on?" Mitsuri asked.

"Rengoku-san and Akane-san are training together, but it seems Akane-san is overpowering Rengoku-san at a rapid speed," and their eyes widened when [name] landed a blow directly onto Kyojuro's wooden sword, and broke it into half. 

"That's because [name], grows as she encounters stronger opponents. She grows every minute she is up against someone strong, only when her emotions are intact," Himejima spoke out of the blue, and everybody turned to look at the gentle giant.