05. Swordsmith Village

"Hey, I've got something to tell you," Tengen spoke out and [name] turned to look at him once more. Her eyes widened when she felt his lips against hers, and when he withdrew, he could only smile at the state she was in.

"I'll tell you another day,"

[name] walked through the grounds of the Demon Slayer Corps estates, and eventually stopped in front of a particular one. She silently stood outside, only to have the door slid opened slowly, and a little head popped out.

"[name]-nee!" a young boy possessing unruly orange hair that flares out around his face, becoming redder near the ends above his ears and shoulders, that he wears messily tied back behind his head. He has fair skin and large, orange eyes that redden near the pupils, that are slanted inwards and shaped so as to give him a determined yet kind appearance.

"Senjuro, is your brother in?" she asked, and Senjuro nodded, opening the door even more and allowing her to enter. It was dinnertime, and [name] could hear Kyojuro munching away on the food that was prepared by his younger brother.

She soon entered the dining room, and Kyojuro stopped. He smiled widely at the appearance of his fellow friend and motioned for her to take a seat while Senjuro went ahead to get another set of chopsticks and a bowl of rice.

"So, what brings you here?" he asked in his ever so enthusiastic voice. [name] then smiled as she thanked Senjuro for the hospitality, and then looked at Kyojuro.

"Do you remember, the day that I first entered this house?" [name] asked in a sad voice which Senjuro noticed and he got up and left the room, leaving his brother alone with [name].

"Ah, yes. The day you came, your eyes were swollen and puffy. Covered in cuts and bruises, along with dirt," he commented as he lowered his chopsticks. He figured something was off about [name] the moment she came to visit.

He then looked at [name] who looked sadly at her bowl of rice. Keeping quiet, and soon he could only smile as he laughed heartily.

"Well, glad that you were brought in! If not we wouldn't have such a wonderful Shadow Pillar on our side!" he commented and started to put food onto her bowl of rice. Senjuro soon came back with some Ichigo daifuku as he knew [name] loves them.

"For dessert," he said and [name] couldn't help but smile at how kind Senjuro was, along with his older brother, Kyojuro.

"Eat up, eat up!"

"Kyojuro! Stop putting food on my bowl! I'm gonna get so fat I won't be able to fight demons anymore or protect any of you!" [name] protested, returning the food that Kyojuro had piled up high on her bowl.

"The more you eat, the stronger you get! A couple of pounds more won't slow you down!"

"Senjuro! Stop your brother!" [name] cried out.

"Look at this face, Kyojuro! Look at it! Look at my cheeks! It's so squishy that Tengen-kun always squishes my cheeks nonstop!" and [name] looked at Kyojuro confusedly as he stopped eating.

"Uzui-san? He has been hanging around you lately, does he like you?" he asked in a teasing tone, and [name] blushed deeply.

"Did he kiss you? I heard he likes to do things flamboyantly," Kyojuro added on, a wide smirk appeared on his face as he looked how red his fellow friend had become.

"H-He... He did..."

"What do you think of him?" Kyojuro asked, his voice lowered for he was afraid his father would hear what they were speaking. As [name] was about to open her mouth to respond, the door to the dining room slid opened, and there stood Rengoku Shinjuro.