Chapter 146: LK IV

Start from the beginning

"Unless?"

"Will you marry me?" I ask standing up.

"Kai Gege!" She spoke frantically. Her small face cannot hide her excitement. "You-- You can't just say that without thinking about it."

"I mean it. If we get married, my sister will come back."

"She will?"

"Yes. Before she left, she wanted us to get married. If I do as she says, she'll definitely come back. We'll live together like before."

"So you want to marry me just so Xin Jiejie will come back?"

"Why? You don't want to?"

"No problem. As long as we become husband and wife, I have no problem with it!"

Preparations for the wedding started off small and somehow grew into a huge celebration for the whole village. I told Wu Jing Ge to notify his father of the wedding. If Na Li Jie finds out I'm actually marrying, she'll come back. I know she will. I'll listen to her and never disobey.

The wedding day is full of happy cheers. Xiao Feng is dressed in a traditional red gown with her veil covering her face. We are about to perform the ceremony when Na Li Jie walks in.

"You're here?" I could not conceal my smile.

"You-- You're getting married?"

I knew she would be back!

Grabbing her hands, I say, "I'm glad you're back. I was so worried about you..."

"We couldn't possibly have the wedding without Ah Kai's only family! You came just on time, Ah Xin!" Aunt Meng exclaims.

"What is all this?" Na Li Jie asks while observing the home of Xiao Feng's parents.

"From now on, I'll do as you say. I'll get married as you ask as long as you don't leave again." I press her hands firmly to show my sincerity.

She pulls my sleeve, and whispers in my ear, "Do you not remember what happened the night before I left?"

"I was too drunk to remember anything. Did I do something wrong? Something horrible to make you want to leave?" I reply honestly.

"Xiao Kai..."

"I will marry Xiao Feng and move in with her parents. You can stay at our home. You don't have to leave, all right? I just want us to stay together."

A familiar woman calls out, "Luo Na Li? You're still alive and well."

"Senior Yue?" Na Li Jie says. She steps in front to shield me from the intruder.

"I'm surprised you didn't die within the year you fled Crimson Snow Valley. The Fidelity Oath should have taken your life by now."

Fidelity Oath?

"What is she talking about, Na Li?" I ask.

"It's nothing."

Striding across the room, Senior Yue says, "You've tainted the holiness of Crimson Snow Valley. Sect Leader wants you to pay for the emotional hardships you've brought onto her."

"So you're here to kill me?"

"No. I came for him." She stares at me with that wretched smirk.

"If you want him, you'll have to go through me," Na Li Jie warns.

"I remember him. He came to save you at Crimson Snow Valley five years ago. The man you chose when you betrayed the sisters of the sect... He has the Star Gem."